you know you've had a crap day

dracken1

when you have to ring me up to ask me to recover your 2010 moto guzzi from the scene of an accident, an accident which was your fault, when you rode into the side of a car.

but you save me a bit of time as it does'nt take me long to right down the mileage.

So.... it wasn't your Guzzi then, given you were being rang to come help collect the bike - a friend of yours? Hope the Guzzi isn't too banged up after only 84 miles.

Any funny parts to this story?

the guy is 67 years old and i've known him for years. he visits us about once a month just to see what we got in. we are frame and tank makers but usually have about 10 15 bikes in at anytime for repair, mostly 50's to early 90's. as a lot of shops won't touch them as many are twice the age of the mechanics, and they stand there scratching thier heads wondering what the hell the strange device is on the end of the crankshaft. (we know them as points or contact breakers).

he last rode a bike 30 years ago. loves the 70's bikes. easy to maintain etc. so buys a plastic adorned motoguzzi.
i think the bike just reacted quicker than his brain. bent forks a lot of expensive plastics damaged. just his pride hurt.

sad thing that after all these years that this 84 miles may well be the last 84 miles he does on a bike.

Back
Top Bottom