www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Wife Bike - CB100  (Read 37502 times)

Offline JSJamboree

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT BIKE OF 2016
  • Drink Local
Wife Bike - CB100
« on: Oct 11, 2011, 21:24:08 »
Well, those that went to Barber saw that I bought a CB100 in pretty rough shape.  Wife has been flip flopping on getting a motorcycle for awhile but always backs out when I get serious about it.  For $100 I decided i'de test my luck and see what happens.

The plan is to Cafe it out, and give her something nice.  At this point she doesn't know its for her so hopefully I can get the position correct without having her sit on it.  Going through the barber museum there was so much inspiration around that I should have 50-60 good ideas for body/paint/etc to get it moving along.  The plan at this point is to get it to fire and start then tare the fucker completely apart and go nuts.  I'm going to try to do a better job at documentation on this one since its going to be my first 'crazy' build.

Here's the pic of the bute at the DTT swap area.

Offline surffly

Re: Wife Bike - CB100
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2011, 21:54:49 »
Stock or superbike bars will be the most comfortable for her....unless she is a midget....
Dont try and stick her on something she will hate. 
Paint it and leave the rest stock.  let her figure out whats comfortable

Offline JSJamboree

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT BIKE OF 2016
  • Drink Local
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2011, 22:44:51 »
Stock or superbike bars will be the most comfortable for her....unless she is a midget....
Dont try and stick her on something she will hate. 
Paint it and leave the rest stock.  let her figure out whats comfortable

I had planned to run some superbike bars to start, and a cafe race seat.  She's not a midget but she is small.  Can just touch with her tip toes on my 350.  I had wanted to put the rearset brackets on as well just so it can all be together for paint/powder but your right I should probably just wait until she sits on the seat/bars and see what she needs/if she needs.

Offline mothgils

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2011, 22:49:48 »
Can't wait to work on this thing and see how it unfolds!  She wasn't pissed when you told her as I was opening the trailer, so that's a good sign!
'74 CB550 build thread - http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=13680.msg130739#new
'76 CB550 "Scrambler" Project Warpig - http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=72747.0
Hoodcat Moto
Forrest Fabrication

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2011, 22:50:58 »
You know I will be anxiously waiting.
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline seven54

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2011, 23:12:51 »
Here's some more ideas for ya. Just incase you didn't have enough already..

http://www.deusbaliblog.co.id/2011/10/furioso-mark-2.html
CB750 in D K

Offline JSJamboree

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT BIKE OF 2016
  • Drink Local
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2011, 23:12:04 »
Finally got a 6v batter today so I started messing around with the bike.

First things first, has anyone ever changed the handle bars on a 100? or on an internal throttle?  Im assuming its going to be easiest to just go with an entirly different throttle but looking around im not 100% sure what I should end up with.  Here is what the bars look like on the 100.

I really dont have a way to cut a slot that precise in a set of bars.  In the part ive always just used a grinder for holes for the wires and thats just not going to cut it.

Second Issue I found is that the ignition switch was bad.  Power was going in and not going out.  Checked for continuity and it wasn't there.  Decided I would take it apart to see what could be wrong.. it cant be that complicated... Well its not but a spring shot across my garage so its not going back together.  I did fix the issue however.. the contacts just had gew all over then and it couldn't make a connection.  I jumped the switch and all the lights came on.  I flicked from high to low a few times (nothing happened) and then I blew a fuse so ive got a short somewhere.  Here is what the inside of a switch looks like if anyone cares.

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2011, 23:24:36 »
Signed up!

Dime City sells ignition switches for like $10 or something. And I would go with different bars with a normal throttle housing personally.

Does the cb350 stator swap work on the cb100? If so, it would convert it to 12v. Just need a new coil.

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2011, 23:50:00 »
From what I have heard, the 350 stator is a direct swap for the 100. Someone chime in here if I am wrong.
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline JSJamboree

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT BIKE OF 2016
  • Drink Local
« Reply #9 on: Oct 15, 2011, 01:13:09 »

I looked at the dime city ignition, the issue with it is that its a 4 wire 3 position switch and the 100 is only wires for 2 wires 2 position.  It seriously just completes the circuit.

I know nothing about swapping from 6v to 12v, this if the first 6v anything ive ever screwed with.  wouldn't I need a different coil, and rectifier as well as the stator? I have a 71 cb350 sitting right next to the 100.  I could see if it would fit on there but the 350 but its all original in really nice shape so I dont want to start ripping stuff off of it.

As for the throttle, im assuming it should just be able to swap it out with any old single cable throttle assym right? My only concern is getting the correct cable.  http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-handlebar-parts-chrome-single-cable-aluminum-throttle-assembly-28-0033.html