Arizona mates

yellowcarbon said:
I got nothing right now and am looking to fix that. If anybody got any leads, hit me up.

A buddy of was at Bob's yesterday, said they have a fairly complete 1978 CB750F with a '77 K engine, has some finned engine covers from what he tells me. Bob is asking $500 with a salvage title

Hey all, just for the record, Bob passed away about 5 years ago. His business partner from back then, Rod, now runs the place with his sons and the crew of other dudes down there. Can't say enough nice things about those guys -- been going there since I moved to Phoenix 15 years ago. Amazing yard -- biggest in the US I believe -- but their new parts and tires are good and cheap too. Gotten lots of helpful advice from there over the years, and I'm gonna miss that place when I move. By the way, I'm the asshole who picked clean their CB400F exhausts and front pegs/linkage/brake lever. There are 2 left in the yard, and one is hidden with the Kawi stuff.

Anyone up to participate in the DGR this year? Could do a route starting in Tempe meeting up on Mill somewhere and cruise to Phoenix for lunch near Central somewhere.

http://gentlemansride.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Gentlemansride

I am vehemently and morally opposed to this "gentlemen's" movement and the whole dress-up-to-ride, send FB posts that tell you that a "true gentleman will open a door for a lady" (for reals) bullshit, but I might go along for a ride and to check out bikes. OK, I'm not really that worked up about it, it just seems corny and played. Didn't see a date, though.

However you feel, so be it. I just want to ride. The date had been set, September 29th. I'm hoping to have my 350f motor polished & done by then.

I need to hit up Bobs, picking up another kz project this weekend and I need some crap. How you doing carniverous chicken? Thanks again for the sync, bike's running great.

Anyone up for breakfast at Tortilla Flats tomorrow morning? They open at 8:00 and I plan to be there right around that time. Figuring on starting off at the AJ post office around 7:15-7:30 ish.

Anyone here every had to fix a title and bike VIN not matching? Bike is from Illinois and needs inspection. Curious if anyone has gone through this before...seems like a "0" is missing and an "8" was misread as a "6" at one point in time.

ZMagic97 said:
Anyone here every had to fix a title and bike VIN not matching? Bike is from Illinois and needs inspection. Curious if anyone has gone through this before...seems like a "0" is missing and an "8" was misread as a "6" at one point in time.

Yeah, I had a CB160 and for some reason the stamp on the neck of the frame left off the "C", but it's on the title. I explained it to the guy doing the inspection, he bought it and didn't seem to care. I am betting that it's all going to depend on who you get to do the inspection. Folks at the Hayden and McKellips MVD have always been cool to me (being patient helps).

carnivorous chicken said:
Yeah, I had a CB160 and for some reason the stamp on the neck of the frame left off the "C", but it's on the title. I explained it to the guy doing the inspection, he bought it and didn't seem to care. I am betting that it's all going to depend on who you get to do the inspection. Folks at the Hayden and McKellips MVD have always been cool to me (being patient helps).

Thanks for the input. I'm going to the Surprise location Friday and planned on bringing some research stuff with me. The bike is all original so I figured some facts like color, how the seat flips open, etc. will help them out. Bike has been in the family since new, so I don't wanna end up with a bad title issue.

Just finally got my bike running again. Going out shopping for a new lid and some tires tomorrow. Can't wait to get her out on the road for a real ride.

My dad actually said he and a few buddies are planning a trip out to CA and going up the costal highway 1 in June or July of next year. im trying to get a few more vintage and cafe bikes to join in. If any of you would be interested let me know

I would be totally down to do a rout one trip in a year if the wife will let me. PM me and we can go riding to canyon lake or something sometime.

XsjadoTwin said:
Just finally got my bike running again. Going out shopping for a new lid and some tires tomorrow. Can't wait to get her out on the road for a real ride.

I know I probably sound like a shill for Bob's (I'm not though!), but they sell good tires for cheap, with a $15 mount and balance, and they've got helmets for cheaper than you'll find at dealers and likely most any other bike shop...

carnivorous chicken said:
I know I probably sound like a shill for Bob's (I'm not though!), but they sell good tires for cheap, with a $15 mount and balance, and they've got helmets for cheaper than you'll find at dealers and likely most any other bike shop...

I've never been to Bobs, I will have to check them out. I recently cwent over to cycle gear they seemed to have a huge selection of jackets gloves helmets tires and pretty much everything but parts and bikes.

Cyclegear has a great selection on crap and a few over priced and a few quality things in sizes that anyone who needs them won't fit in. Go to Bob's in Phoenix or Steve's Cycle in Mesa. Steve's is small but really chill they have a bone yard in the back and the guys will talk bikes with you. If you have gear in mind they will hand you the catalog and order what ever you are looking for for you. GO ANYWHERE BUT CYCLEGEAR.

Despite it being geared almost exclusively toward the Harley bagger crowd, Joetta's leather does have good jackets and cold weather riding gear... Saw a killer sticker that said "I'd rather push my Harley than ride a Jap bike" or something like that, and I thought to myself "That's fine, I'd rather ride my Jap bike by you pushing your Harley than push a Harley."

Back
Top Bottom