www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: EGLI frame, TR1 engine, build from scratch  (Read 56636 times)

Offline loekm

• TR1 racer is starting to look like a bike!
Re: EGLI frame, TR1 engine, build from scratch
« Reply #195 on: Feb 05, 2014, 03:26:33 »
allright, allright.... before the bike enters it's first race ;) I'll look into it. Although function and strength wise there's nothing wrong with it. The looks are not unimportant, I have to admit. A bit strange that someone spots this small "defect" while there's a TON of work and details that need to be sorted or improved on the bike.... this detail was not on my list of improvements to be made for sure! I'll put it on.

I'll keep you all informed in the near future :)

Best regards,

Loek

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #196 on: Feb 05, 2014, 05:38:12 »
A bit strange that someone spots this small "defect" …

It's only because you are building a bike where anything less than perfection really stands out!

Crazy
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.

Offline loekm

« Reply #197 on: Feb 06, 2014, 17:53:46 »
Hi all,

Had some time left to "finish" the electrics. Goal is to get it on the dyno as a rolling chassis to do some carb tuning  ;D
Sound is a bit to much without muffler, the mic of the camera can't keep up.... Stationary running is ok, but on the throttle it sure needs work!

To be continued ;)

Best regards,

Loek

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #198 on: Mar 18, 2014, 07:45:25 »
Hi all,

Had some time left to "finish" the electrics. Goal is to get it on the dyno as a rolling chassis to do some carb tuning  ;D
Sound is a bit to much without muffler, the mic of the camera can't keep up.... Stationary running is ok, but on the throttle it sure needs work!

To be continued ;)

Best regards,

Loek

Hey Loek - know you're busy, but any more updates ?

I check your build out every so often to spur me on with my own humble efforts !!
"if at first you don't succeed, you've already been a failure once"

" we're not going back to the sixties - we never left "

"yep, nostalgia ain't what it used to be"

"I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure"

Offline loekm

« Reply #199 on: Jun 04, 2016, 16:35:32 »
Hey guys,

More than two years since my last post... I thought to let you now how it "finished" or at least how it looks today.

Still no paint but a lot happened in two years! The bike had it's first track outing last month and I drove with a big smile all day long, it performed better than expected in terms of handling. I learnt a lot that day and really enjoyed driving it amongst all the modern japanese supersports. Almost all the other bikes were out accelerating me by quite a margin. But while braking, turning in and carrying speed trough a corner the difference was a lot less than I expected.

All in all very satisfied after all these years ;-)

Well that's it....

Construction is more or less finished.... now the development proces starts! plans are endless als always. Maybe i'll start a new thread in the race ready section to write about that a bit.....

Best regards,

Loek

Offline 50gary

• Under the Limelight
« Reply #200 on: Jun 04, 2016, 17:26:38 »
Wow, one of my DTT favorites comes back!  Great job all around.  It's encouraging to hear how well it handles and brakes.  Well done vintage style bikes still have a chance.  You said you'd run it a Spa in the vintage enduro  races.  Did that happen?  A video would be fun to see and hear the bike.
  Cheers, 50gary
Short track speedskating, cycling, guitars, motorcycles, juggling dynamite. I was born to laugh at Tornadoes.

Offline loekm

« Reply #201 on: Jun 05, 2016, 04:52:18 »
Hey Gary,

Spa didn't happen... The event became an official FIM championship and is WAY more expensive than it was.... You can not take part without a racing licence... So it will not happen in the near future. I'm going to the event to assist a team in pitstops, good fun!

I hope to participate in Oschersleben this fall. Also a 3 hour race for amateurs. www.classicendurance.com

I shot a video of a small testdrive long ago, it's not running as good as it is now, and the clutch wasn't working ok..... but you get the point. No actual footage of tracktime as the gopro didn't work.... stupid thing.

Best regards,

Loek

B

Offline themotoworks

• the motoworks
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2017, 15:44:10 »
what is the thickness on that large diameter tubing and is the material chromoly?  I'm trying to design a similar frame but can't find chromoly tubing like that