CB350, homemade.

Other progress:

I've made pretty good progress on the tank mold, and I got my switches in. Now I just need to get my custom triple tree made! Only quote I've gotten so far is ~$820 for everything. *gulp*

DSC00032.jpg by cb_eric22, on Flickr

DSC00033.jpg by cb_eric22, on Flickr

DSC00034.jpg by cb_eric22, on Flickr

Quality units! They look well made, are waterproof, and have good action to them. They're pretty bright, too!

From L to R: Headlights, Start, Run/Stop

DSC00031.jpg by cb_eric22, on Flickr

DSC00029.jpg by cb_eric22, on Flickr

DSC00028.jpg by cb_eric22, on Flickr

I don't know if you've thought about it, but black and orange may end up looking like Halloween. I think it could be done really well too. I think I would have to see a rendering to really decide. Just me thinking ... typing?... out loud? Although you have some great skills, so I'm sure you will pick something great!

It's gray and orange, and I've already posted two renderings a ways back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

We used those bulgins for optical airport turnstyles and had no problems with them in functionality or quality. As far as your triple goes, try paragontool@pcu.net for a quote. If Lane and Jerry come in to high, you can always resort to mfg.com, you'll find that a request for quote on their site will return all kinds of information and experiences in manufactureing/prototyping parts.

You're tank mold is looking killer, is it just floral foam? How's the draft looking as far as being able to remove the finished product from the mold with those knee cut-outs?

I absolutely love this build.

I love the seat design (with the bullet integrated lights) and the tank is absolutely killer!

What CAD program are you using?

I love those switches! I might have to actually use external switches, cuz those are cool.

Whoops. Got impatient and tried my first attempt at fiberglassing...let's just say I learned that cloth doesn't like corners, lol. As far as the tank goes, I'm hoping I can just flex/rotate the first layer/s of fiberglass off before I add more. They're not all that deep.

I plan on not using a key at all. At least, not a traditional key...

My CAD program is SolidWorks, leftover from my college days.

My work truck uses a single channel remote that I wear concealed around my neck to unlock it. (it locks automatically after 8 seconds for security) Im planning on using the same thing as my key. when its on the angeleyes halo will be lit. (or the kick ass red ring switches, now that Ive seen yours.....) when its off nothing works. much cheaper then the off the shelf rf id card starter systems on the market.

Yeah, I thought about using an rfid system to turn it on, but I think I'm going to use a hidden magnetic switch for security. Can be overcome, but you have to know where it is.

1chrisb said:
Yeah, I thought about using an rfid system to turn it on, but I think I'm going to use a hidden magnetic switch for security. Can be overcome, but you have to know where it is.

Wait, when the heck did this happen?!!

I found those swiitches with gooogle easy enough. You can pick the color that the ring (or dot) is when in the off, and seperate color when its in the latched or on position. spst, or dpdt switch, two size options, black anodized or stainlless theyre awsome.

Trying to work out how I can incorporate some of these into my build. Maybe a starter button or similar.

same here, the only external switch I was planning was the thumb of the left hand, turns and a highbeam.....but these are cool, would go great with my modern concept bike ideas.....so that may change

Back
Top Bottom