in-attentive auto drivers suck!

karen

Been Around the Block
I'm on a natural high today!!! my youngest brother was in a nasty bike crash yesterday. while attempting to pass a car, it suddenly cut in front of him & hit the brakes. whether this was intentional or not, we do not know yet. we found out about the crash when his wife called to say he was strapped to the back-board and in-route to the hospital. he lives near Waco, TX, where its warm all the time. anyway, though heavily medicated, he's back home with no broken bones. haven't heard yet about the bike and its condition. its a BMW GS, looks like a giant dirt bike to me. my brother is beat all to hell, but no permanent damage, so we are tickled. ;D as it turns out, the whole accident was caught on film. happened near a building with a lot of security cameras that belonged to a friend of his boss's. hopefully we'll be able to fry the driver of the car. sounds a lot like a driver that hates motorcyclists. :mad:

All the best to your Bro, those BMW GS are very nice machines.
Death to humans, they can kiss my shiny metal ass...umm I mean death to inattentive drivers !

AMEN to that..

I hope he's OK and I sure hope they get the fucker that cut him off...

Hope your brother is going to be ok, stupid idiot driver.. what was he/she thinking? Thats amazing it is on camera
your lucky you guys got that.. I hope you take him/her to court and sue thier ass off. I hope he/she loses there licence and get a jail sentance too.. they could have killed him. Bastard/Bitch. sorry I am not usally this ranty..... your story hit very close to home for me. Good Luck Karen, let us know how he is doing. You got friends here.
Elaine

Equus said:
Hope your brother is going to be ok, stupid idiot driver.. what was he/she thinking? Thats amazing it is on camera
your lucky you guys got that.. I hope you take him/her to court and sue thier ass off. I hope he/she loses there licence and get a jail sentance too.. they could have killed him. Bastard/Bitch. sorry I am not usally this ranty..... your story hit very close to home for me. Good Luck Karen, let us know how he is doing. You got friends here.
Elaine

been there, done that have you? several years ago, I drove my brother to St.Louis to pick up a Honda Interceptor he had just bought. he rode it home, I followed in my truck. about half way home, a crappy old car with a male driver got between us. at a stop light I pulled up in the next lane. this car was parked about 4 inches off my brother's rear tire. no matter what speed my brother rode, the car stayed dangerously close. eventually I was able to get between them and slammed on my own brakes, damn near crashing both of us. at this point I was so mad I didn't care if the guy ran into my new truck. needless to say, the guy backed off & stayed far away from the motorcycle. guess he had no idea a guardian angel was traveling with the bike. that was priceless.

as for my brother, I just talked to him. when asked how he felt, he just said "crappy". thats understandable. I'm sure my co-workers think I'm nuts for being in such a good mood when he just went down so hard. but I'm sure only fellow motorcyclists can really understand that when you can walk away from a crash like that with nothing broke, you are one lucky puppy and bruises will heal. it feels like he won a race, its hard to explain..... I swear I'm not crazy. ;)

Nope your not crazy at all, we motorcyclest totally understand your happy high. Hope he is up
and riding soon. :D

Hope your brother heals up soon.
Too many stupid ppl with driver's licenses out there in the world. And unfortunately many of these same stupid ppl procreate :(

Hope your brother gets well soon.

Remember everyone, act like your invisable when riding a motorcycle. :eek:

thanks for the concern. its much appreciated. my brother is on the mend, he doesn't feel like he is dying anymore. ;D they got a copy of the crash on cd now, his wife has watched it about 40 times.

riding a bike does make you so much more defensive, which carries over into vehicle driving. when I ride, I ride like everybody's out to get me, which has saved my butt on several ocassions, on the bike or in my truck. last year a vehicle was sitting on the side of a small 2 lane highway, while getting closer to it on my bike, I wondered why they were sitting still with her foot on the brake. I soon found out. as soon as the oncoming car got by, she flipped a u-turn right in front of me. apparently she never saw me at all. luckily, since I saw her, I avoided the potentionally fatal accident. it was damn close though.

its too bad so many drivers take operating a vehicle for granted and there's nothing we can do about it except treat them like the dumbass's they are and stay outta their way.

yes they did, and they are taking the copy of the accident to the cops today. ;D hopefully they'll kick butt!!

surprise, surprise... we are having issues with the cops. depending on which one you talk to is whether or not they feel its a no-fault accident or the car driver's fault. I'd say its gonna wind up in civil court. and my brother almost died last week. seems he had burst his spleen, they discovered it after he collapsed last tuesday night. seems it wasn't bad enough to show up immediately without the help of a MRI/CAT scan, which they didn't do. so, due to the length of time and blood loss, surgery would more than likely kill him. after a transfusion, several days back in the hospital & no physical activity for the next 3 months, he ought to be okay. I'd say we are gonna sue a doctor too. he had even been back to see that same stupid doctor, and they still didn't catch it. and the bike's totalled. luckily my brother is fully covered insurance wise, but that damn woman may get off without even a ticket. she told the cop he was speeding, which indicates she knew full well he was back there and cut him off on purpose. its clear she made an illegal lane change, and as much time as I spend around the race track & personally ride too, I can tell there is no way he could have avoided the accident, it was either slam into her car or lay it down and hope for the best. the bike hit the car anyway. aren't you sorry you asked now locOleon?? I get a little rabid on the subject.

Daves_SS said:
That means she was also speeding to get in front of him!

ding, ding, ding.... you win the prize. thats what we think too, dale was not gaining on her, so if he speeded up, so did she. its clear in the video he was pacing with her.

Back
Top Bottom