You know you've just spent a lot of money when...

noexit

Been Around the Block
you get a call from card services about unusual spending on my credit card.

Dime city $303: Yep, that was me. (Lights and stainless spokes for my CB400f)
CCS $365 : Yep, that was me. (Caribou Cases for my V-Strom)

... you get that "what-have-I-done?...I-wanna-puke-but-I'm-so-excited" feeling in your gut as you go to pay for whatever it is. :p :D

Drewski said:
... you get that "what-have-I-done?...I-wanna-puke-but-I'm-so-excited" feeling in your gut as you go to pay for whatever it is. :p :D

That part came after the call from India about my spending. In my head, they were calling me to say "do you know how long it's going to take you to pay that off?".

Shit.

noexit said:
That part came after the call from India about my spending. In my head, they were calling me to say "do you know how long it's going to take you to pay that off?".

Shit.

That's because you spent it in slightly smaller chunks. If you do the "big-bill-all-at-once" thing, that feeling comes sooner. :p ;)

Drewski said:

Absolutely. I ended up buying $1500 worth of parts for my bike all in the same week. I said to myself, "This shit just got real. I had better well finish this project now."

Re: Re: You know you've just spent a lot of money when...

Sonreir said:
Absolutely. I ended up buying $1500 worth of parts for my bike all in the same week. I said to myself, "This shit just got real. I had better well finish this project now."

Buyers remorse only lasts until you open the new parts box

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I don't have one of those, and my girlfriend thinks it's pretty cool.

I was telling her about how much my wallet hurts, and she said "But it will all be worth it, right?"

Exactly :)

noexit said:
I don't have one of those, and my girlfriend thinks it's pretty cool.

I was telling her about how much my wallet hurts, and she said "But it will all be worth it, right?"

Exactly :)

Marry her now.

Drewski said:
That will change her response... almost guaranteed! ;D

Good point... It'll become her money too.

I tried the allowance thing to make mine feel better, but it didn't fly for some reason ;)

When you can't even afford a cup of coffee and the guy standing on the corner holding up a sign is asking you for change but you want to ask him for some.

However you have a trailer with yet another project bike and hired a CNC programmer to send out NLA parts on an International level. How f@cked is that?

You know you've spent a lot of money when VISA stops bothering to call you :)

I used to work for an entertainment business and we would have a lot of Hollywoods and other "special" people come in and pay with those 20lb black metal Centurion no limit American Express cards. I dream of "borrowing" one of those for a day or 30..

amex-black-card-centurion.jpg

legendary_rider said:
When you can't even afford a cup of coffee and the guy standing on the corner holding up a sign is asking you for change but you want to ask him for some.

However you have a trailer with yet another project bike and hired a CNC programmer to send out NLA parts on an International level. How f@cked is that?

Ya, that's messed. But you're not alone there!

Good to hear. Misery loves company. lol. But not THAT miserable. We are building bikes, kicking ass and chewing bubble gum after all. And I'm all out of gum.

Back
Top Bottom