"Brat Racer"

RPHII

I have been at it for about 3 months now. I had to post a pic and maybe get some feed back!
1975 cb 500t

Attachments

• IMG_2081.JPG
    IMG_2081.JPG
    410 KB · Views: 200
Starting to look like something! What's the scoop with the seat? Hiding electrical up front? Lots of guys stash the battery/electrical in the 'hump' on the back of a typical cafe seat. You're going to have to make it pretty thick to look even and have somewhere to sit, unless you're 7 feet tall and need to sit further back.

Yeah I’m tall 6 foot 6. It is for the battery and I’m going to have to do a pan under also. I am exciter to start electrical. I use the old battery for the measurements but would like to find a smaller one but we will see.

Where did you get the rear sets from? I am working on a '76 GT380 (cafe) and have been looking around for some rear sets. Interesting idea putting the battery up by the tank, how far is the pan going to come down under the seat? I have to get some kind of small oil tank (2 stroke bike) and was going to put it in that opening in the frame. I might be able to put a pan under the seat for the battery and then secure the oil tank to that. At least, the cafe seat hump could be smaller... Nice looking bike BTW, much farther along than I am at the moment. Been going at it for a few weeks now and found a bent connecting rod and spun crank bearing after I had to split the engine case. Lol.

Josh

Thank you.. I got the rearsets from monstercraft they seem legit! i am going to have to find a different way to mount them but no biggy. I ordered them off of ebay though, not his sight. the pan will only have to drop down like an inch where the battery is and then it will come back up. I will then continue a plate on further for the other electrical stuff to mount to.

Back
Top Bottom