www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: NEW MEMBERS - Read this - I'm sorry, but c'mon people.  (Read 60253 times)

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: NEW MEMBERS - Read this - I'm sorry, but c'mon people.
« Reply #75 on: Dec 27, 2012, 20:05:39 »

Oh shit.  I'm in the wrong room again.  This is Congress isn't it? No. Then I'm in the right room. :-)

Offline BigKev

« Reply #76 on: Dec 29, 2012, 21:37:03 »
very well said by all.the reason i joined is because you guys werent snobby and arrogant.theres a four wheel drive forum that ive had the experience of running across because of where i work and heysoos creesto those guys are a-holes,there is none of that n00b piss off going on here and its really nice.thank you

+1 this is actually the first forum I have taken the time to get familiar with and actually participate. Seems like alot of you fellas know each other personally too. Hell, maybe I'll run into a couple of you gents in the future.
Well shit...

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #77 on: Dec 29, 2012, 21:54:45 »
+1 this is actually the first forum I have taken the time to get familiar with and actually participate. Seems like alot of you fellas know each other personally too. Hell, maybe I'll run into a couple of you gents in the future.

I'd sure hope so. Its all about getting together, ridinv and wrenching and making new friends. Where are you located?
The faces of the damned
And all the butchered lambs
If I had to do it over
I just would've done it slower

Offline BigKev

« Reply #78 on: Dec 30, 2012, 00:57:53 »
I'd sure hope so. Its all about getting together, ridinv and wrenching and making new friends. Where are you located?

Im in Fort Walton beach FL currently. I hope to be moving back to Austin TX soon. I have tooled around a bit in the DTT "Dirty South" forum but currently Im stuck in Afghaniland so I just buy parts and do research for a few ideas I have.

Honestly I hope to meet a few folks who like making long road trips so we can hit rallys and festivals all over the country.
Well shit...

Offline timeconsuming

• Foolish until proven intelligent.
« Reply #79 on: Jan 04, 2013, 14:08:12 »
Here's to hoping I'm not the most annoying person on this forum, because I'm definitely in the right room when it comes to bike knowledge.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”

Offline eoghan

Re: I'm sorry, but c'mon people.
« Reply #80 on: Jan 08, 2013, 15:02:16 »
Again, I'm not trying to stick it to anyone. I'm just bugged by the amount of arrogance and attitude in this little world we all are part of.

Let's all be cool man. Lets figure shot out ourselves and still be willing to admit defeat, even if its only for a moment. None of us are special. Were all in the same sinking boat. We juat all happened to pick the same life raft.

I'm just curious about the premise of all this? In my experience, Those that haven't figured it out do a lot of "talking" and those that have, Don't say.....
Hold it wide and let it slide.....

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #81 on: Jan 08, 2013, 15:16:06 »
I'm just curious about the premise of all this? In my experience, Those that haven't figured it out do a lot of "talking" and those that have, Don't say.....

That's not completely untrue but like all such sayings, there are always exceptions. 

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #82 on: Jan 08, 2013, 17:42:21 »

I just talk too much. Ignore me. :)
The faces of the damned
If I had to do it over

Offline KZsAll

• Big projects completed in small steps.
« Reply #83 on: Jan 08, 2013, 18:28:06 »
Thanks for the post Von. In all truthfulness my excitement for the people and the site was almost tainted and destroyed by a single individual. In their attempt to give "constructive criticism" based on their experience level and background they decided to refer to my project as a nice "art project". Not a good way to be helpful by starting off bashing anothers hard work. Being scorpio I tend to get slighted easily. I'm working on that, but the point is your thread here opens my eyes to the greater community that DTT has. To take the advice given and overlook the snide comments included. I wish to thank you and all the members who have commented here for reaffirming my faith in the site/individuals. I look forward to many continued discussions with all and even more so the personal interaction gained from meeting up with some of you at the rallies and events.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
--Ralph Waldo Emmerson

Offline AlphaDogCustoms

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Science is true whether you believe in it or not.
    • Alpha Dog Customs
« Reply #84 on: Jan 08, 2013, 18:34:03 »
Oh! Fer fuck sake!

...every dump I take is original too, and it doesn't smell any better because of it's originality.

Alpha Dog Custom Cycles
Painting
Powdercoating
Custom Fabrication
Repairs
I'm so old, I even know what ignition points are.

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Dolor est Magister Optimus
« Reply #85 on: Jan 08, 2013, 19:26:07 »
In all truthfulness my excitement for the people and the site was almost tainted and destroyed by a single individual. In their attempt to give "constructive criticism" based on their experience level and background they decided to refer to my project as a nice "art project". Not a good way to be helpful by starting off bashing anothers hard work.
Sounds like you got "Swiveled". Yea, he was a legend in his own mind. Thankfully, he's no longer a nuisance.
When you are Dead, you don't know that you are Dead. It is difficult only for Others.

It is the same when you are Stupid.

Offline Green199

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #86 on: Jan 08, 2013, 19:43:23 »
Sounds like you got "Swiveled". Yea, he was a legend in his own mind. Thankfully, he's no longer a nuisance.

Didn't we all! haha Ahh i'm sure he meant well.

First forum i've ever been a part of so not really aware of the whole 'get out noob' thing. But I will say, I started out knowing literally shit all, and now know practically the same. But managed to get as far a I have in my project by asking DTT and you always respond with concise and useful help and advice.

Get the whole community 'vibe' just by sitting in the chatbox for 15 minutes in the morning. I may know none of you in person, and havent been an active member particularly long, but that doesn't stop you having some decent chats with me about stuff and finding out info about where everyone is from etc.

This place better not change else there will be trouble! haha
1973 CB250 'Doing it right this time round' - http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=36795.0

Offline bradj

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #87 on: Jan 08, 2013, 19:44:07 »
no no he said experience. swivel may have googled the word "experience" once but that it

Offline AlphaDogCustoms

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Science is true whether you believe in it or not.
    • Alpha Dog Customs
« Reply #88 on: Jan 08, 2013, 19:53:26 »
doesn't stop you having some decent chats with me about stuff and finding out info

Yeah, well, we all like to be know-it-all's.

Thing is, people who think they know everything annoy the shit out of those of us who really do. <G>
...every dump I take is original too, and it doesn't smell any better because of it's originality.

Alpha Dog Custom Cycles
Painting
Powdercoating
Custom Fabrication
Repairs
I'm so old, I even know what ignition points are.

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #89 on: Jan 08, 2013, 19:57:40 »
Thing is, people who think they know everything annoy the shit out of those of us who really do. <G>

You steal that off a tshirt you saw in WalMart? ;)
The faces of the damned
If I had to do it over