www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 91' nighthawk brat/cafe never seen this before  (Read 33133 times)

Offline MotorbikeBruno

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Carb cleaning in MN
Re: 91' nighthawk brat/cafe never seen this before
« Reply #40 on: Jun 21, 2013, 16:13:51 »
Killer Mrwolf.  And I don't own a CV carb'ed bike but I enjoy learning...

Great looking scoot so far! :D

Offline CentexHawk

« Reply #42 on: Jul 06, 2013, 00:19:42 »
How is she doin? I'm interested in your jet setup please email me jonathanroat@gmail.com
91 honda nighthawk cafe

Offline Mydlyfkryzis

• 当有疑问时踢你的敌人在生殖器上,你可以道歉后
    • CB360 Build
91' nighthawk brat/cafe never seen this before
« Reply #43 on: Jul 06, 2013, 02:07:07 »
I would love to see proof on a dyno that those little pods flow more air then the stock.  There is just no surface area compared to stock.

I do have a k&n in the stock air box.  But I wouldn't put pods on. 

On a four cyl, the center pods see hotter air then the 2 outers too. 

Good tuning then means different setup for the center carbs vs the outer.

But good luck with the bike.  The engines are pretty bulletproof. 

Sent from planet Earth using mysterious electronic devices and Tapatalk
There are 10 kinds of people, those who know binary and those who don't
Ignorance is bliss....and there are a lot of happy people out there!
AlphaDogChoppers: "A friend of mine once said, "There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots."
"if you need a hammer to do something...  you are probably doing it wrong" - LazloH

DTT Blue CB360 Club - We discriminate!
Mydlyfkryzis = Mid Life Crisis
------------------------------------------
1991 Honda Nighthawk 750
1976 Honda CB360t
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=41649.new#new

Offline MotorbikeBruno

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Carb cleaning in MN
« Reply #44 on: Jul 07, 2013, 11:27:55 »
I would love to see proof on a dyno that those little pods flow more air then the stock.  There is just no surface area compared to stock.

I do have a k&n in the stock air box.  But I wouldn't put pods on. 

On a four cyl, the center pods see hotter air then the 2 outers too. 

Good tuning then means different setup for the center carbs vs the outer.

But good luck with the bike.  The engines are pretty bulletproof. 

Sent from planet Earth using mysterious electronic devices and Tapatalk

Ya, realistically the outer 2 carbs should be up ONE size from the inner 2 since they run a tad cooler.  Mixture is a more finicky beast.  Keep at it!

Offline mrwolf

• live fast die young
    • abandonedpier
« Reply #45 on: Jul 08, 2013, 01:12:58 »

Ya, realistically the outer 2 carbs should be up ONE size from the inner 2 since they run a tad cooler.  Mixture is a more finicky beast.  Keep at it!

really don't want to get into this pod debate as it has been beaten to death. it works for some, but not for others. its a matter of know how and patience. the inner two carbs are set up differently and run larger jets instead of smaller ones.

Offline Mydlyfkryzis

• 当有疑问时踢你的敌人在生殖器上,你可以道歉后
    • CB360 Build
« Reply #46 on: Jul 08, 2013, 02:01:07 »
Maybe beaten to death, but still not clear to many who have 4 cyl. bikes.  A lot of people still think you can bolt on the pods and go....

Have at it....tuning two 2 cylinder engines is a lot of work (That's what it is like, 2 separate engines) ,  and since I suspect you aren't racing professionally, a lot of work for a relatively small gain....if any at all...

From my perspective, the whole pod thing is a cosmetic thing, that may decrease performance.  I understand the open look removing the airbox  does, but its a shame to reduce power for looks.

It's like short, open pipes. They decrease performance too.... Tuned headers offer increases, as well as intake work, but the short open head pipes are just loud.  Also a cosmetic thing.

You just don't see many real examples of a well tuned engine in the cafe scene.  The majority are beautiful works of art, but actual performance seems to be lacking. The fat, old style tires are in this group too. Looks nice, but don't handle or grip well.   

I really like the supertrapp muffler, this is an actual performance enhancer.  If I could find one for my NH, I would snap it up in a minute.   

Don't let me deter you from your vision, I am interested in some of the aspects as I have the same bike. 

I like real performance enhancers and handling enhancers.  For instance, a front Superbrace is on my short list to improve the handling.  This is contrary to the cafe racer remove the fender and the brace for looks.  I had 2 major tank slappers in my past, though neither time did I drop the bike, and after that, I like to everything that reduces the possibility of severe wobble.

So if you are making the bike faster, stiffen the front fork....don't fall for the fat tire, no fork brace/fender trap....I am assuming you will ride the bike...so be safe.

There are 10 kinds of people, those who know binary and those who don't
Ignorance is bliss....and there are a lot of happy people out there!
AlphaDogChoppers: "A friend of mine once said, "There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots."
"if you need a hammer to do something...  you are probably doing it wrong" - LazloH

DTT Blue CB360 Club - We discriminate!
Mydlyfkryzis = Mid Life Crisis
------------------------------------------
1991 Honda Nighthawk 750
1976 Honda CB360t
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=41649.new#new

Offline CentexHawk

« Reply #48 on: Jul 08, 2013, 04:35:53 »
I love my nighthawk, any of you fellow nighthawk owners have a spare exhaust stud? Snapped one installing my Vance n Hines 4to1.

91 honda nighthawk cafe

Offline MotorbikeBruno

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • Carb cleaning in MN
« Reply #49 on: Jul 08, 2013, 11:07:23 »
I love my nighthawk, any of you fellow nighthawk owners have a spare exhaust stud? Snapped one installing my Vance n Hines 4to1.

Double check  your local dealer, I found a stud there once.  Saved me a lot of hassle and wasn't that expensive.

As for Mr. Wolf! Can't wait to see more progress sir.