CB550 Brat/Cafe

Well, I got it started but because I feel like whining, I don't want to work on it anymore tonight haha. I need to pull the carbs back off and then hopefully I can button it up and take it out for it's first ride after rebirth.

http://youtu.be/g2LkQRGe96M

Cheers!
Keith

jaykay914 said:
Great build happening here. Got my eye on this. Where is the seat from?

The seat is a one off build. Pan built by a buddy then upholstered by a local shop. Mothgils is the creator of it. He went with a new style for his bike so I swooped in and picked it up from him :)

I out about 10 shakedown miles on it today. Headlight decided it no longer wants to work. So I get to have fun with that mess. She runs great minus the tinkering. I wish I had more time to finish off the fine details but, this gets me ready enough to ride for the Kentucky trip. Hopefully I can clean up all the loose ends before hand.

Here's another exhaust note video for those interested.

http://youtu.be/2o3uJgMLdxU

Thanks! I think so too, it really changed the look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 281
Today's shake down has lead to blown fuses and disappointment. Bike left me stranded at work. Waiting on my wife to come get me so I can get my truck to pick it up.

I found the source of the issue. Il after rattling my brain and trying to figure out why nothing worked I discovered I have a faulty left hand control. I'm goi g to attempt to fix it but its already melted partially through the harness :(

The bike seems very shaky at speeds of 60+. By shaky I guess vibrates a lot, like a car with a really unbalanced wheel. I don't remember it being this way with the old tires. The front was supposedly balanced with dyna beads or some crap... I don't know if that's the issue but I don't feel like it's very safe right now. I took it up to about 85 and it felt the same as 60 just more of it. Could this be stiff shocks in the back or could it possibly be a balancing issue with the wheels??? I'm at a loss here with this, it's a new issue to me that I've never encountered.

After thinking about it I'm fairly certain it's the dyna beads. If I take off slow its fine at highway speeds but if I take off spiritedly then it vibrates my face off. I going to go get them out and put a new tube in the front.

That exhaust sounds killer. Seems to have a good tone without being obnoxiously loud. Details appreciated. i need to re-do the exhaust on the 450. Mine sounds like a swarm of pissed off bees unless i really get on it.

Gary

It's a motogpwerks full system with the baffle in. I can't imagine it gets much louder without it. She creates a bit of back pressure as well so I'm not loosing too much power compared to stock. The build quality is very nice and the fact that it is spring tensioned means I don't need new crush gaskets each time I pull the header off. Which brings me to my only complaint... It does cover the oil filter housing but because I can get the entire system off in about 5 minutes I can't really complain.

Thanks Tifun,
Do they have a website, I can't find a direct link? Price if you don't mind me asking? what are the chances they have one to ft a GS450?

Gary

Gary,

Here's a link to their site, it may be easiest to just shoot them an email or call, they seem to build these parts to order which is fine by me, just something to be aware of. http://www.motogpwerks.com/index.html

Also here are some pics of the rear fender I finished up today. Basically I bent some cold rolled steel at about a 90 degree then welded it to a trimmed down XS650 fender I got from Mothgils. It bolts under my battery box to the swingarm using the same hardware. It allows me to remove the battery separate and if I wanted to take it all out I could do so without removing the rear wheel. I consider this a good day in the garage, took a little over an hour to complete... not to shabby and now I can ride with piece of mind in the event it rains...

8711687340_6e8919a8a6_z.jpg

8710564913_71d3cd76f9_z.jpg

8711685480_8bc4fd3633_z.jpg

8710564249_eea782644b_z.jpg

-Keith

Sleek, can hardly notice it. How bad does the rain spray off the back wheel with just your seat stopping it? Dirt stripe on your back?

The water does spray up on the back a bit without an outer fender. I don't mind that so much. I personally can deal with the rarity of rain, however 2 days ago it was apparent that it just flinged water towards the velocity stacks haha. That's what prompted me to move this ahead of other tweaks :p

Thats exactly what I did on my 350, works great and very clean looking

Back
Top Bottom