SR500 "The Art Bike"

Re: SR500 "The Game Changer"

JustinLonghorn said:
That girder excites me, man!

+10000000

Make sure to post lots of detailed pics of the girder building process... So I can rip them off later. ;)

Seriously though man, looks great.

This thread is great i need a bead roller

Updated pic with the girder on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    735.5 KB · Views: 470

Whoa that's crazy. I can see a lot of wheel flop when riding.

Custom girders go for ~$1500 so I'd bet there'd be a strong market for ones at perhaps a more reasonable cost :)

well... I suppose you got the right tools and the knowlegde how to use them....
cause it looks just great!
And feels like walk in the park when reading it..... "built a girder" ...
hmmm, and I also want to do that...
looking forward to see where this will up..

Looks crazy, the good crazy!

On the negative, I see negative trail - you might wanna re-engineer your triples and suspension links to pull it in or the bike will never be a stable ride.

Thanks guys, Btw, I built this one mainly for reference so there will be changes to correct the geometry. I also have to source the spring/shock.

Awsome first go. Looks like you been making them for years, the next one will hit it out of the park for sure.

Cheers

Looks great Junior. I wasn't sold on the tank till I saw the full profile view with the new girder. Very nice.

CC

Re: SR500 "The Evil Sister"

So Retro Moto has gotten crazy busy and I haven't had much time for my own projects. Haven't had time to finish the girder or figure spring rates so I decided to return to the stock front end to see how she rides n get a baseline on geometry. I also went in a different direction again, lol. This is all Bradj's fault btw, I actually forgot bout her til he started his bobber, I was grabbing some measurements for him and she was like, "Hey,remember me!!. So here's what she looks like now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    798.5 KB · Views: 473
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 476
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 460
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 479
Re: SR500 "The Evil Sister"

Just realized same pic twice,lol. Hard to see on my phone. As you can see I made another tank for her from alloy and I started on the seat also. I had a mono shock from an old pocket bike n used it as its suspension. I'm wanting to keep it pretty light so I won't to town with the lightening holes. I built the hinge from 3/8 aluminum rod n 1/2" steel then I started on forward controls. I used 3/4" stainless tubing n made a threaded stainless insert to weld into each end to mount the Loaded Gun rearsets as forward controls. I'm gonna use a Kawasaki rear master cylinder mounted low on the frame for the rear brakes. I even took a shot at drilling the rear rotor. That's bout as far as I've got so far n the paint on motor is just to get an idea of color.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    906.3 KB · Views: 467
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    951.2 KB · Views: 452
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 462
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg