RD350 Road Racer, She is Finally coming along. NEW PICS

Re: RD350 Cafe/Road Racer - First Build - Will probably need lots of help

I love the old baseballs in one of the bins. Bonus!

Re: RD350 Dunstall/Road Racer - First Build - Will probably need lots of help

Money invested $2,000 :-[

I need to start selling parts soon. I think I'm selling my R5 frame tonight, so i should get a little money back.

Mr_Dunev said:

I need to start selling parts soon. I think I'm selling my R5 frame tonight, so i should get a little money back.

That is the tank that inspired me to build this tank for my T500 :)

Attachments

• Finish 8 small.jpg
    Finish 8 small.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 282

I love your build. I would be interested in the DG heads for my 73 Rd350 if you decide to sell a set. Do both sets fit 350's? I'm still learning interchangeability.
PM me if you like. The black tank above? Is that one off or available to buy? Its really cool.

I guess I need to do a thread as well.

Watching for sure. Very lucky to have a girl helping in the garage..after 18 years married....I just run mine off now...lol.

Mr_Dunev said:

Where did you get that tank? I have similiar but that looks rad as hell.

Picked this up on Friday, I am planning on using it in the build instead of the 350 engine

Mursupitsku said:
Where did you get that tank? I have similiar but that looks rad as hell.

I got it where I get all of my bikes/parts.....CRAIGSLIST!

highlux said:
I love your build. I would be interested in the DG heads for my 73 Rd350 if you decide to sell a set. Do both sets fit 350's? I'm still learning interchangeability.
PM me if you like. The black tank above? Is that one off or available to buy? Its really cool.

I guess I need to do a thread as well.

Watching for sure. Very lucky to have a girl helping in the garage..after 18 years married....I just run mine off now...lol.

I will probably sell off the heads, but I planned on selling them on Ebay, since the last few pairs have gone for a VERY hefty sum. I can normally give people good deals on parts/bikes, but with these I am trying to make as much as possible to help with the cost of my build.

Re: RD400 Road Racer - Change of plan, going to use a RD400 2V0- engine

So I got to spend an hour in my garage today. ;D

I worked on my girlfriends little LT2 for a short while, and then I decided to inspect my new engine a bit more.

Heads look pretty good. Apart from the discoloration no major pitting or marks

I pulled one of the jugs for a quick inspection. There were a couple marks on the cylinder walls.

Also found a nice little surprise inscribed on the cylinders

Now I may go back to the RD400 engine that I picked up with my parts bike. Haha this build just keeps changing directions. Now if only I could find a seat that i like....

I am pretty poor with an angle grinder, and the only time I can use it is on the weekends, since I get off work and it is pretty much dark. And with my Engine Rebuilding class starting this Saturday, I am going to have even less time to work on the bike. Especially with my landlord giving me a hard time about everything! I can't use my Halogen work lights because they aren't "energy" efficient :eek:

Haha oh well

She would count her blessing about energy if you would have just raped her like I told you to

I've seen worse cylinders but did that guy drop the running dremel through it while porting?

Hey does that say tom turner? on that cylinder

The "Tom Turner" seems consistent with the rear transfer shapes, but what is going on with the port roofs all gouged up and what is going on with the roof of the exhaust port? Time to measure all the port dimensions and work out what's up.

It almost looks like it was home ported after TT did his work. That doesn't look like TT work.

Those marks in the bore and piston are commonly called a 4 corners seizure and it comes from riding the bike hard before it warms up properly.

Edit: I just looked at the pictures again and it almost looks like those marks are gouged by a porting tool. I wonder if it seized and the PO used a Dremmel to "clean up) the spalling.

Took a few more photos, and took off the other cylinder

9/80 (September/1980?)

That side looks fine. 1980! That was a while ago even by my standards. :)

Re: RD400/350 Road Racer

Cleaned up the frame a bit, still not done.

Still need to cut off the top and bottom edges.

Re: RD400/350 Road Racer

New heads for the bike.

I traded my spare set of DG heads for 'em

Re: RD Road Racer

When I spoke to you the other day and you said you picked up a Webco head I had to come here and see a pic. Very cool, you don't see those much anymore.

Back
Top Bottom