'Screaming Stroker' idea.

boingk

Standard gearhead.
Hi guys. I've always liked two-strokes, and am thinking of getting one for a first bike. Its coming to crunch time as far as that is concerned; savings and a university rebate are making my pocket pretty hot at the moment. Ok, not that hot at all, but still more dosh lying around than I'm used to.

My idea is to have a first bike that won't get me into any trouble [loss of licence/fines/injury/death], and also be easy on the consumables. This, as well as my liking for strokers, has gotten me thinking...has anyone done an 200cc or under cafe'd stroker? It might sound dumb to some, but I think its a good idea for where I'm at right now. That and I'm limited to doing 50mp/h due to only having a learner riders licence, so having more power will probably end up with me just cruising at 70mph on the freeway and getting a fine.

Anyway, enough rambling! What are your thoughts on smaller strokers? Are they worth the effort, do you have suggestion of bikes to mod? Have you done one yourself? Anything will help.

Cheers - boingk

I know several guys have done two stroke builds on here, several of them being yamaha RD200's. try the search feature and see if you can't turn somethin up.

I'd say it's worth it.

People on here are cafe'ing 200cc 4 strokes, so right off the bat your 2-smoke will be more fun, and hopefully just as nice looking.

I'd say an RD would be an excellent base. But I don't have a very vast knowledge on what other small cc 2-strokes were available in the US and Canada.

Back
Top Bottom