Triton

Here it is back after a 5 mile run. Gearbox is like a Swiss watch and the clutch is nice and light. Handles great and power delivery is awesome for and old bike. It gets rapid very fast and I'm chuffed to bits with it.

MOT is booked next week, so I'll be road legal shortly. Just got a few refinements for the wiring harness with shrink wrap and proper multi plugs instead of the bullet type connectors I used to get it going, otherwise it's finished.

Cant wait to ride it around the Isle of Man next month and will be sure to have a Go Pro video around the circuit. If the ride around the village is anything to go on, that will be just awesome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ji_IdeDesYk

All legal now and running well. Could do with gauze filters on the carbs, otherwise it's finally finished.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    975.4 KB · Views: 248
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 245
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 262
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    653.6 KB · Views: 240
I feel another Brit "BOTM" coming up ...........stunning work Mark and true to the "spirit" - congrats.

A most excellent outcome, beautiful, jolly well done. I'd love to check it out in the flesh. BOTM nomination guaranteed surely? ;D

Great to see her all finished and out n about and turning heads , top notch project she's a credit to you mate look forward to your next one , I agree with Beachy BOTM for sure .

Took the bike for a ride out tonight with my my dad on his SV650. Did around 40 miles and didn't want to get off it. I noticed while riding up to one of those digital roadside speed sign thingies that my speedo said 20 and the road sign displayed 30..... Just when you think it's done eh. However, got onto some nice stretches of road with sweeping bends where I could open it up and it hits 3 figures real quick. That's according to dads SV anyway, but the rate of momentum, noise and feel from my old bike is like nothing I've experienced before. Must stop using my pudding basin and goggles, but couldn't resist.

Got a camera mount fitted to it when I got back, so I'll post an onboard video from the IOM in a few weeks.

Back home now, but here's a picture from over the mountain course last week.

I'll try to upload video footage in the next few days, although sound quality isn't great.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 250
Hiya fella glad to see you got a good picture ( without any trikes in the frame )haha, great shot that, ile search on line for any that photographer got of me think it was windy corner. I came back Friday, last run on thurs may have overheated the motor but turns out the welding didnt do my electrics any favours either just ordered a oil cooler for the old girl so I can be a bit more successful next time now I know the score glad I got to see the weslake in all her glory mate sure is a thing of beauty look forward to your vids too

Hi Yorkie, yeah good to see you over there and that Honda looks great. Shame about the welding messing your electrics up though.

Lol, tried to get another picture from that same point where that trike was in the background, but that photographer wasn't there when I went again.

just found two more pictures of you on the mountain from Thursday page 49 on their website not bad no traffic .

heres my naff video. I'll be going again next year, as the bug has certainly set in. This about wraps up my thread I guess.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lRwLKBJL6pU

Thread end :( Thank you.

Video is cool Mark. Must be great to ride it on the island as that was what it was built to do.

Next project?

yeah, was great riding round there. Got loads of jobs around the farm to do, plus some maintenance work, so nothing exciting really next.

I just spotted Yorkie in the grandstand parking of my video!

HAHA sure that's when I jumped back on the Honda to try catch you up thought you went down Bray hill but never caught up (could always blame traffic lights ) next time ile be better organised also got a oil cooler on way to help keep her running ???

No probs mate will be more organised for sure may even take the little cb350f too, wife treating me to a camera for onboard stuff yeah, just getting sorted to go back next week for the classic iom car rally wonder if the wife would let me take the bike haha, glad you had a great time how did the rest of the week go everyone ok I hope will be good to have a proper natter over a brew some time mate .

A simple thank you ...................................... 8)

Attachments

• kz oil system 009.jpg
    kz oil system 009.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 238
Back
Top Bottom