Your thread is at risk.

You must post more photos IMMEDIATELY.

...As you were...

grandpaul said:
THREAD POLICE NOTIFICATION

Your thread is at risk.

You must post more photos IMMEDIATELY.

...As you were...
They all look the same as the last batch... good stuff that will actually show progress won't happen until Thursday....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here is what it looks like today...

Good news is that both Clear Hooters High and low notes horns work... whew...

Test fitted the tank... gotta do some maneuvering to fit the Boyer-Brandsen box under the tank...stuff is about 1/8" too wide under there...

IS there space around the battery, under the seat, behind a side cover, inside the headlamp shell?

teazer said:
IS there space around the battery, under the seat, behind a side cover, inside the headlamp shell?
It's all good, it fits... I just had to remove my pretty bracket and strap it directly to the horn relay... it's solid. The box|bracket|relay sandwich was just too much...

Got the burner exhaust installed, verified all the wiring, got it static timed... gonna get the cases oiled next... and install the tank...

So I added oil to the primary/trans/oil bag. I started working the kicker to pump oil into the crank case... and noticed a drip on the lift under the motor and thought "Oh shit..." so I got to inspecting and found this...

Turns out I'm supposed to have a blanking bolt and copper washer in there to plug that oil way. I did not have the original on hand. But had a bunch of 5/16-18 bolts which is what that oil way required. So I grabbed one and trimmed it to length with the lathe and installed it...

Very glad that drip was that easy to correct... crossed fingers for the rest of it.

Bettin the look on your face was priceless for a second there. :eek:

But lets not have any more of that.

Another teaser... still tying and tucking wire and cables for a good slip fit on that tank tunnel... it's pretty tight in there.

Don't forget the insulators Garry said... "insulators?" I said.... they arrived today and I slipped them in-between the carbs and mainfolds.

All pretty and ready for her first start since the mid '80s. Tomorrow is the day barring any thing weird... beers are cold and waiting. Will have video... will share said video assuming things go well. (I'll delete it otherwise :))

trek97 said:
So SWEET bud. You truly are a Master Craftsman.

Thanks man... i can't wait until the weekend and I can get the new header pipes on and actually putt around on it. Hopefully a little oil pressure doesn't make shit leak... :D I went to the DMV today and Registered and got my license plate. Giddy...

Back
Top Bottom