I hope it was one of you guys that got that Nelson Header that was for sale

Jim

I had been in contact with a fellow who had a black Nelson header and was either going to use it on my bike or offer it up to someone else (I know Ian was looking for one). Anyway, not calling the seller in time and being in New Hampshire last weekend (and having my vehicle break down just as I got to the track), I missed out.

So I hope it was one of you ba$tards that got it. :'( At least then I know it goes to a good home.

Actually I am picking on up tonite or tomorrow. Pretty good shape...local to T.O.

Don't know too much about them...what makes them so special?

Steve

Hey Steve, did you buy it from the other Steve (Richmond Hill). If so, I am jealous.

They are a great looking header, and they sound terrific. Don't know how much they actually bump the hp. I have a chromed one on my other 750 and I love it. Ian (XS650RR), want to jump in on this one?

Now that the weather is better I'd like to take a drive up 27 and get together with you some time. I am really interest in the work you have done, and I just picked up another 750 motor that I would like to build to 836. Maybe I can convince you that the header isn't your cup of tea (gotta give it a try you know).

They are a great header. My uncle (John Nelson) designed and had them built for his race bikes back in the very early seventy's. He was inundated with requests for a pipe for the street. Needless to say the pipe was made available and became the pipe to have. It was offered in black or a chrome version. It was shipped world wide as word spread about this unique pipe.

I have been looking for one for the last couple of years, without any luck. I did happen to see the card left on your bike Jim ... oh how I was temped !! ;D ;D.

Anyway ... good luck wit the pipe Cafeole ... you now own a piece of Canadian history.

Thanks Ian....and Jim

Yes I got this from Steve in R.H. What an interesting guy with amazing bikes.
Actually the pipe is more rusty red than black.....I plan on bead blasting it over the weekend.
The skinny I got from him was that John Nelson started Cycle World and then sold it and bought Shannonville track (Nelson Circuit)....and then started making these pipes. Don't know much other than that and what Ian said.
We'll definitely have to get together....I notice sometimes I am following on YOUR coat tails on some deals ...so I know you've picked up some interesting stuff over the winter. I'd like to see your bikes..

I may know where there is another one...... black.....it was offered to me earlier in the year but I did not know what it was and it is in pretty rough shape. Looked like shite at the time if I recall....a number of dents and roadrash....but I think it was a Nelson after seeing this one.

Cheers

Steve

The skinny I got from him was that John Nelson started Cycle World and then sold it and bought Shannonville track (Nelson Circuit)....and then started making these pipes

Steve .....

Actually .. John started out as Nelson Motorcycles at his original store at 1911 Queen (Beaches), then moved to Leslie and Queen (where he began to make the pipes) until he decided to move again. He sold that location to Murray Brown and Rick Andrews, who in turn began Ontario Honda. John moved to Sheppard Ave and opened Nelson Honda, but his love for the motorcyle industry was fading fast, hence he sold his business to John Bagby who owned Cycle Wold.

He had found some land in Shannonville and he and his original partners had this dream to build a motorcycle specific racing facility ...... His partners had a turn of faith in the project, John bought them out and the rest as they say is history.

okay Steve. Now I definitely make the drive to your town and see what you have. I will be in touch to see if we can hook up some time. See you on the road.

Back
Top Bottom