Honda CBX550 - brat/urban scrambler project updates

NoRiders

Over 1,000 Posts
Hi everyone, I've registered as a newbie and started a project thread in 'Trackers', I'll keep content updates on that thread but post update notices on here so all the Brits can keep up :D

Latest update: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68417.new#new

I'll be at Kempton Park, Surrey for the latest Bike Jumble which is usually excellent.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/EGPEnterprises/?fref=ts

Thanks for checking in.... :D

Kempton Pk was a blast :D

Latest update here: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68417.0

Bit more done today...and a big decision made ;-)

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68417.0

Cheers Colin

Purely looks my friend. All part of the urban scrambler style I'm trying to achieve. The tyres have a good rep from overlanders on road handling, we'll see how they perform with me doing 50mph max.

Listen XB, I get the fact some one here are after a certain logic and that is fine, but the constant harping on about the whys and wherefores of how some want to change their bikes either for the better or worse, is a matter of personal choice and should be left to the individuals to choose....after all, we're all individuals or we'd be riding bone stock showroom machines.

Sometimes, just a positive word works wonders and you might appear to be a grumpy old XB, but really I would guess you're not. There appears to be nothing you like about my project, am I correct? You appear to see me taking a perfectly good stock bike and fucking it up.

However, I thank you for your continued interest in my project and welcome any advice or information you tender. What has been stated regarding pod filters has been taken on board, I am retaining the stock airbox and filter set up along with the battery placement as I will only be changing things for the sake of it...not necessarily good in my book. I've taken your comments on the mono-shock on as well, but will try and make it work.

I fully understand I am changing the characteristics of what was a sports bike, into what...who knows, except those who question every detail can be a bit tiresome. Maybe, this isn't the forum for me?.... but there is a section for all types of bikes/styles/classes and so we do what we do for better or worse....and live with the consequences....despite either praise or put down.

I know you, and others on here are trying to promote performance improvements and safety, or why the hell bother to change anything? But, I'm prepared to forego some aspects in favour of....dare I say it, looks and overall style.

If some of what I do does improve matters all the better, but in the meantime I shall build what I want and carry on.....

NR - couldn't agree more. The WHOLE point of being here is to share our OWN take on things - otherwise we'd join the "let's all be different together" club. ::)

I've been doing this type of stuff for nearly 60 years - as a hobby and for a living, 2, 3 and 4 wheels. And I'm still dabbling - although these days in an engineering / styling consultancy role. You wouldn't believe the amount of times "experts" have told me something couldn't be done.

That said, my personal projects are just that - personal. Like you, I'm looking to fit similar trailie style tyres to my "Tangerine Dream" KZ750 Tracker. Will it handle like a CB600 ?? No, but then I won't be travelling at CB600 velocities.

Do I really need to go to all the aggro to fit the proposed 40DCOE Weber instead of the OEM twin carbs - no, but I can virtually guarantee that it will be fairly unique amongst other KZ750s. Actually it's either unique or not, but you get my drift.

Peeps that know me will also know I'm the original penny pinching Scot and all my current projects are done on the proverbial shoestring. So why a Weber ? The original carbs need an overhaul - that's cost and availability. Weber o/haul kit £20 and a piece of piss to fit AND set up.

Carb given to me in return for a favour, flanges / tubing for manifold £20, welding "a drink", rebuild kit £20 - result................unusual if not unique.

BTW - like your choice of frame colour !! ;) ;)

+1 with BC the only negative you want to see on a project is opposite the pos terminal on ya battery :p build your own IDEA'S ride your own style stand out from the crowd ,its a buzz 8) wot u reckon BC

Thank you BC and Yorkie, I was beginning to think I was in the wrong place for a few days there...phew.

Meanwhile, this lovely little film popped up on FB, hope it copies and play OK.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/motoparadiso/videos/1634154753516510/

Great vid NR can here the tunes n smell the fumes from here 8) those were the days :p I get that feeling riding out on my cb350 f cant wait for better weather ;)

Attachments

• DSC06794.JPG
    DSC06794.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 330
  • DSC06798.JPG
    DSC06798.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 317
Haha ;D cheers mate laid it myself :eek: haha the 350f was my first attempt too :p

There're some really negative people on here isn't there lads? Don't worry about negative comments about things you've done for form - beauty is in the eye of the beholder afterall! It's only constructive comments I'll be worrying about - how to get my engine running, does this look like it'll work? Why isn't it starting? Etc, etc...

Is there a meet up over the summer? I'm in 'the' shire, where we're all meant to sound posh, but half the area sounds like farmers!

papercutout said:
There're some really negative people on here isn't there lads? Don't worry about negative comments about things you've done for form - beauty is in the eye of the beholder afterall! It's only constructive comments I'll be worrying about - how to get my engine running, does this look like it'll work? Why isn't it starting? Etc, etc...

Is there a meet up over the summer? I'm in 'the' shire, where we're all meant to sound posh, but half the area sounds like farmers!

Cheers papercut......I don't mind neg comments if followed up with something positive, rather than just a downer comment.

By 'shires' you mean Ox/Berk/Buck right? 'cos I do be in Ox'shire. Do you get down the H cafe at Berinsfield, Sth Oxford? https://www.facebook.com/H.Cafe.Berinsfield/?fref=ts

Back
Top Bottom