>>CB550 bobber/brat>>FINAL STAGES>>

Re: CB550 bobber/brat

Druro said:
Bet those fins were fun...

Nice work though :)

What a fucken pain in the ass that was. I thought about diamond cutting the fins. Gladd I didnt. I just dont have that much time. My labour payment has been consumed long ago. Now this is all on the house as a promo bike.

Nice wheels Joe. Buchanans always has spokes ready to ship so Im sure Ill get an request for twisted sooner or later.

anthony said:
nice one brother :)

Thanks bro, the tray of powdercoated parts is getting lighter...

04042009493.jpg

I wondered what happened to this project. Looking good.Things will wrap up quickly from here on out...

--Chris

waiting on parts, owner went on vacation along with funds, waiting on the tank being painted mostly and that has been sent out for pinstriping then another coat of clear. Still waiting on the spokes for the front then have to get them trued. The seat and exhaust will be the last to do.

The bikes looking good. Do you have a link to where the pics of the 2 bikes on page 3 came from? I've been looking at them a lot today and i'm thinking I want to do something similar with my next bike.

More pics cuz we all like pics..

09042009504.jpg

09042009505.jpg

Still waitin on parts, tank/fender needs to be cleared, bla bla bla

Next week my own bent SS exhaust....if I can get my buddy to score the tube and I have to install the bender in my garage.....SS tube NOT pipe.

Looks great! I love the lines on the CB500/550 frame. Still one of my fave bikes and it looks like it's a decent platform for this style of bike.

wow thats lookin pimp man!! nice work.

you doing 4-1 or 2-2? Some kick ups with cocktail shakers would look bitchin' Just take 'em back as far as the rear hub; I think the mufflers that line up with the edge of the tire look too long.

Is that one of those Emgo h4 lights off ebay? I have one in the garage that I'm going to mount up (after I move the electrics out of the stock bucket ::)) Did you upgrade your rectifier? I heard they cause charging issues.

Havnt run the bike yet. No, the headlight doesnt say Emgo on it but it does say "Made in Taiwan NOT China" Not quite sure what it means but I will make it work. The pipes will likely be 4-4 no muff with a slight turnout at the end.

Funny you mentioned that Chris. Got some pics from the pinstriper today, bent the stainless tubes for the pipes this past weekend and the 21" spokes came in. All systems go now.

24042009528.jpg

24042009529.jpg

24042009532.jpg

Tank.jpg

Tanknfender2.jpg

Tanknfender.jpg

Pics speak for themselves

Nice stuff! I need to find someone to make me some stainless headers.... hint hint wink wink... ;)

Lookin killer Beastie, well...especially for us 98%r's anyways eh? lol

Dig the Tin work, yer pinlayer gives good paint fer sure.....

DynoMite says git a haircut!

Im goin all hippie n shit bro. Ill prolly go extreme and shave my head again in the summer......NOT

Tim said:
Nice stuff! I need to find someone to make me some stainless headers.... hint hint wink wink... ;)

No prob Tim, if you can use 1.5in pipes than I can bend them to however you like. There is only 1- 1.5" die avalible at the moment since they are $450 each so we bought the most common size.

:D How would I tell you how to bend them? Not sure what 'language' I need to speak, or if it would be feasible without direct access to the bike. You don't have an XS650 hanging around by any chance?

I want to do a set of swept-back headers like on an old Norton:

OldMansManx.jpg

Norton%20Manx%20Engine.JPG

Norton%20Manx%20500%20007a.JPG

Back
Top Bottom