Recurring Themes -what i have notuced searching for old bikes

TripleKing

Been Around the Block
In the years that I have been shopping and reconditioning old bikes I have noticed two recurring themes:

1) Titles must have legs because the keep getting lost.

2) People must hate even basic bike maintenance because bikes from the 1970s are out up for sale right around the 12,000 mile mark, about the time when many old bikes need services such as valve adjustment, etc.

First thing you did in the 60's and 70's when you bought a new bike was burn the title, put a dent in the tank and then kick it over on its right side. Then you pick it up and kick it over on its left side. You then ride around with the shifter and rear brake levers gouging into the case for 12000 miles. Later you decide to "rebuild" the carbs in 1981, so you take them off, take them apart and then have 16 babies before putting them back together and the kids eat all the small parts. However, that whole time the bike was parked in the mud with a tarp over it, and anyone that came by and wanted to buy it, you told them you are going to "restore it one of these days" and sell it for $60,000 because you saw an episode of American Pickers where they said a vintage motorcycle was worth that. Then once everything is rusted, rotted and broken, your daughter sells it through an Estate Sale company for $50 because you died of diabetes you fat, useless piece of Yankee shit. No one ever sees the keys for it again.
b1cb6758a8bfb63aeead0fbb9f57ebb4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom