1977 Yamaha XS750 2D Carb Repair

JadusMotorcycleParts said:
Thanks for the info teaser. I looked at the N151.067 jets but they looked a little different - especially around the nozzle/tapered area. Perhaps that is not important? If not, then maybe they would have been a more accurate replacement.

Why do you think Yamaha used so many different carb set ups on this one model? I read that later set ups had a 2-position choke as well...
Yamaha used different racks because the first generation were never any good.. the second gen mikunis are considered best and the last hitachi's they used was mainly because of pollution restrictions and they ran very lean.

datadavid said:
Yes you have to inscribe the new value on the jets..

Its sad that the people least apt for bike mechanics usually are the ones who prefer to do it all themselves, destroying almost everything they touch in the process. I had that punishing learning curve in my early teens so nowadays at least more things get fixed than broken!

Ahhh, well that makes sense then. As long as theres a way to identify what is what.

I totally know what you mean. There are too many people that lack the 'feeling' for working on bikes and break and strip stuff all the time - fucking things up for the next unsuspecting owner. I shouldn't speak too badly of them though, I have made a few blunders myself! And still do. But I do try to fix them properly afterwards :D

Great thread. I got my gen 2 Mikuni carbs clean and running with some coaxing. Haven't rejetted for the PODs yet so I imagine ill be digging into them again soon.

Psy

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Hey Jadus. Interesting post :) I myself have a XS750-2D with Mikuni MK1 (BS34 CV). Had it half caffeinated a couple of years but now its getting the big remake including removing the airbox ofc. So I see you have 3-1 exhaust. I have the same. Im thinking KM-airpods and then ofc it needs resetting. Do you think its a easy as just adopting your jet-sizes?

Yeah should be! Did I share the final settings somewhere? I cannot for the life of me remember what they were but if you hassle me a couple times I am sure I could dig up the piece of paper I wrote them down on from somewhere in my paper mess pile. No reason those settings wouldn't work for you.

Sweet you're doing a rebuild-ish!

JadusMotorcycleParts said:
Yeah should be! Did I share the final settings somewhere? I cannot for the life of me remember what they were but if you hassle me a couple times I am sure I could dig up the piece of paper I wrote them down on from somewhere in my paper mess pile. No reason those settings wouldn't work for you.

Sweet you're doing a rebuild-ish!

I dare to hassle you too ;) would be interesting what you ended up with too!

Ryan Stecken said:
I dare to hassle you too ;) would be interesting what you ended up with too!

Alrite, after a lot of digging and no luck, I eventually stumbled across this piece of paper by accident. I knew I wouldn't have been foolish enough not to write down the settings I ended up with. I was however foolish enough to misplace the piece of paper! Anyway, check out attached. Be aware that those pilot screws I used were not standard, so they will have a different setting to the stock ones.

Attachments

• XS750_PodFilterJetting.jpg
    XS750_PodFilterJetting.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 239
That is amazing! Thx. My bike will not be ready until next year, but I'll definitely try removing the stock air box and getting pods :)

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom