www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: 72 CB350 For the Daughter  (Read 13024 times)

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: 72 CB350 For the Daughter
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2017, 08:34:09 »
good news, almost there now.
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Harsh

« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2017, 08:40:44 »
Yep.  I feel I am close enough that I am going to call the insurance co. today and get insurance put on the bike so I can get some license plates.  There is a strong chance (depending on weather) that I might be able to go for a quick jaunt down the street this weekend.
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
1974 Honda CB750 Cafe
1972 (x2) Honda CB350

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2017, 08:58:54 »
Take some pics of it all together and post them before the first test ride!  Good luck, should be fun.

Offline Harsh

« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2017, 08:35:16 »
Managed to get it timed yesterday.  What a pain in the rear that was.  Because I had previously messed with the individual boards it took a a while to get them adjusted correctly along with the placement of the main adjustment plate.  The right cylinder is ever so slightly advanced, but I couldn't get it to adjust anymore.  When revved up it is right at the marks showing full advancement.  The bike doesn't get ridden at idle so I don't see an issue with it.

Since that was done I was able to turn my attention to fabbing up the brake reservoir mount, exhaust supports, and I have what I believe is a great and simple plan to keep the kickstand from hitting the exhaust.  All I have to do is make the required bends and bolt it on.  Going to talk to the painter today about fixing the front fender and see if he will weld the mounting tabs on the exhaust.  I haven't heard back from the guy that did the powder coating for me.  I still need to get the rear brake rod from him.  So a text will be going out today to him.  I plan on going to the DMV today to get the plates.  They usually don't have the antique plates there so it will probably be a week before I get them.  I guess it is time to start an actual checklist of what need to be done to complete the bike.
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
1974 Honda CB750 Cafe
1972 (x2) Honda CB350

Offline jag767

« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2017, 08:54:40 »
Managed to get it timed yesterday.  What a pain in the rear that was.  Because I had previously messed with the individual boards it took a a while to get them adjusted correctly along with the placement of the main adjustment plate.  The right cylinder is ever so slightly advanced, but I couldn't get it to adjust anymore.  When revved up it is right at the marks showing full advancement.  The bike doesn't get ridden at idle so I don't see an issue with it.

Since that was done I was able to turn my attention to fabbing up the brake reservoir mount, exhaust supports, and I have what I believe is a great and simple plan to keep the kickstand from hitting the exhaust.  All I have to do is make the required bends and bolt it on.  Going to talk to the painter today about fixing the front fender and see if he will weld the mounting tabs on the exhaust.  I haven't heard back from the guy that did the powder coating for me.  I still need to get the rear brake rod from him.  So a text will be going out today to him.  I plan on going to the DMV today to get the plates.  They usually don't have the antique plates there so it will probably be a week before I get them.  I guess it is time to start an actual checklist of what need to be done to complete the bike.

Sweet!

Offline AimlessMoto

• Blood, sweat and beers.
« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2017, 14:18:15 »
Amazing so far! Are you, by chance, considering adoption? 32 year-old male, here... can ride and has a 95% accuracy rating in the bathroom.

Let me know...  ;D

Offline Harsh

« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2017, 15:35:03 »
Danny...your bathroom accuracy rating leaves a lot to be desired.  I don't think the wife will allow such a low rating in her house.  Now if you were to learn to sit when you pee it might be doable. However, it would require you to make sure you point your wanker down and based on your rating I am not sure if that is a possibility   :-X

I'll tell you what slugger...you get that rating to 99.7% and I will breach the subject with the wife  8)
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
1974 Honda CB750 Cafe
1972 (x2) Honda CB350

Offline Harsh

« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2017, 10:12:31 »
Since I never put up pics of some of the minor stuff I have been doing here you go.

Rotor and wheel caps installed.

Side covers.  I used the original tank emblems and painted the letters to match the powder coat.

And last, but not least the tank.  The design is based on the first time the wings made an appearance.  Since the original inspiration was based on the Greek goddess Nike and since this is my daughters bike I changed the original winged logo to a female.  I wanted it to be a bit sexy, sort of like the old hood ornaments on cars.  I can't thank thrillseeker enough for taking what I had envisioned in my head and making something beautiful.
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
1974 Honda CB750 Cafe
1972 (x2) Honda CB350

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2017, 10:54:33 »
Nice. I like that a lot

Offline thrillseeker

« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2017, 17:02:24 »
Very nice! I can't wait to see it all together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Offline Harsh

« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2017, 08:18:46 »
Thanks and I can't wait to get it all put together.  I love the Winged Victory.  It is simple, classic, and has some sex appeal to it.

Plates came in the mail Saturday, but noticed on the registration they put the color as red when I typed sage.  I guess I will be making a trip to the DMV today.  Still waiting on the rear brake rod and hopefully the front fender and exhaust will be finished early this week so I can get them bolted on.  It is getting close to being completed.  I only have one weekend left before I head out to the mountains so hopefully I don't run into any snags with putting the rest of the bike together and what tuning and adjustments I will certainly have to do will be easy and minor.
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
1974 Honda CB750 Cafe
1972 (x2) Honda CB350

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2017, 11:53:36 »
I had that issue with colour on regg too. The system here takes the vin colour code and applies it unless the clerk looks and changes it manually. Pain in the ass.

Offline Harsh

« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2017, 14:30:02 »
Got the color issue fixed easily on the registration.  The powder coater finally replied to my multiple, texts and phone messages.  He is supposed to coat the brake rod today so I can pick it up tomorrow, but I have heard that story before so I am not holding my breath.  Also talked with my painter yesterday.  Hopefully I will have the front fender and exhaust tomorrow as well.

I was putting it off (for some unknown reason), but I mounted the tank yesterday and ran the fuel lines.  Putting the quick disconnect on is always a major PITA.  Put the side covers and seat on as well.  I really like how everything looks together.  I adjusted the rear shock height, but I still need to drop the forks in the triples a bit.  Right now the bike sits level, but I want the front to be a tiny bit lower than the rear.  Mirrors will be here today so those will get fitted as well.  So once I get the couple of parts I should be down to installing the chain, bleeding the brakes, and going over the bolts to make sure everything is snug.
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
1974 Honda CB750 Cafe
1972 (x2) Honda CB350

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2017, 15:11:02 »
Just been looking at pics on desktop, check the spokes where they connect to rim (under the plastic covers) they are a known issue with different metals corroding and coming loose.
 Honda never had a 'parts kit' to fix it  they just changed to alloy spokes with alloy rivets an the ones I did under guarantee (ands all the later models) Are the Comstars from a 1978 250/400?
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
I gave my girlfriend an orgasm the other night, but, she spat it back at me
 Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry
 It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it  (Terry Pratchett)
CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline thrillseeker

« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2017, 16:20:57 »
How dare you tell us you put the tank, side covers, and seat on but not show us a picture to drool over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.