Suzuki GSX400 Four Cafe racer with USD fork and monoshock

I'm lov'in this build. Looking soooo much better since you changed the shock mount. If it was me I would go with a shorter muffler
Keep up the great work

Damn, this topic is in desperate need of an update! If someone is still interested in it ???

Al lot has been going on but I didn't really feel the need to update this topic.

Let's start with the things I corrected. Some of it were already mentioned a while back by you guys and some were my own changing preferences.

Tank was full of old coating and I was sick of it:

rzmojzG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xAf2T5j.jpg

Solution, new custom aluminium tank build by a friend of mine. And in the meantime he also welded on a new link pipe and put on a new stainless steel muffler that looks way better:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/IScTMkJ.jpg

iWB9nvd.jpg

I ditched the el'cheapo air filters and got a pair of proper ones:

mR5tSym.jpg

Close but perfect fitment:

H2Ry2eF.jpg

AFY6Xlz.jpg

Didn't want to go through the trouble of messing with foam, fiberglass and epoxy.
So my friend also made an aluminium custom seat hump and raised and extended the subframe a bit to give it a better stance:

Ps7k7aN.jpg

UBXsrkn.jpg

New led headlight, motogadget indicators, lsl clipons and motogadget grips:

z93CPZr.jpg

NMbNNPB.jpg

eB6UT7f.jpg

8FtsM21.jpg

V9viyNZ.jpg

zKpM9vX.jpg

n2dczL6.jpg

Now time for some pictures that are even more interesting!

Preview of the paintwork:

H4sXzD2.jpg

Frame and swingarm are powdercoated:

X3ItJzM.jpg

pJK2zlu.jpg

Painted my calipers, front forks and engine block:
(Still need to finish the engine by sanding the cooling fins and putting a clear coat on it)

3tftQCN.jpg

ILU7Joj.jpg

YZNZnF4.jpg

RIguSs3.jpg

Had most of my aluminium parts anodized:

y8OdiGm.jpg

Put the forks back together with new seals and bushings:

siCAf8h.jpg

Seatpan is waiting for a fresh piece of leather and after that I can start with reassembling everything!
Hope to keep you guys posted!

Looking great. I like the longer sub frame and shorter exhaust. looking forward to seeing it painted and shinny

Glad to see the update! Great looking and well thought out - looking forward to seeing more!

Progress:

Did a test drive couple of weeks ago. She's really reactive to the throttle and rides quite nice for as far as I can judge that right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uubntNooCQQ

Some pics of the almost finished bike. (Front fender is also not bolted on in the pic)

NRmk02Q.jpg

M9mORDM.jpg

I still have a problem with my clutch, it is really heavy to pull the lever...

Nice work. As for clutch. Did you get a shorter cable for the bars? If not you may have to sharp of a bend in it causing it to bind a bit. You want a really gradual arc in the cable.

Thanks for your tip, but although I have clipons now and a new cable. It is routed without any tight bends.

Ok, did you uprate the springs? What style actuator does it use? Some are finicky to get adjusted right.

Now still with the original springs as they where within spec. The 'actuator' is a rack and pinion style type I think that is how you could descibe It. There is a lever which the cable attaches to and It rotates a shaft pulling the release pin in. Checked the whole assembly couple of weeks back after testdriving and everything was reassemble in the correct order now at least, so I ordered a new cable again from a different supplier, just in case. I will put that on next week and hopefully It is sorted then.

Man, this thing came out awesome! What tank is that? Or did you modify the original? What did you paint the forks with? I have anodized gold now, but really love that black!

Justin

Thanks a lot! The tank is a custom build aluminium one 8)
Bottom part of the forks I put wrinkle Black VHT on and the legs are reanodized in black :)

That's a great looking bike. Love the tank, and the color scheme works quite well. Nice work.

Back
Top Bottom