Benelli Enduro to Cafe Brat

Yep redo that exhaust lower with that tank IMO.
I was skeptical on the tank but I like the oversize look on the small bike.

I also found a long lost stator cover after 3 months looking. It needs repair but it was cheap. $10+shipping
3ec63678761441ed8547df69325a41b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I've decided it's going back to flat. Already have another tail frame loop coming from my buddy and was able to salvage the adapter pieces I turned the other day.
2b94b770eab21ff19baac5e504e06537.jpg

xb33bsa said:
and you forgot to say how well it runs ? you must get it running before you do any modifactions
that said you need to inspect the brake shoes if they are riveted linings that is a very good thing and look like they have plenty of friction material left then try them out but do not ride it even down the rode one time without looking

if they are bonded no rivets replace them or it could kill you using 40 year old brake shoes i know i was very nearly killed outright on a first ever test ride of a yamaha the shoes came unglued the very instant i put on the front brake
it was in the country in the orchards and i hit the brake at about 45mph as i came off pavement onto the orchard dirt
the front wheel locked solid in that split second and flipped me and the bike straight forward flipping into a ragdoll cartwheel affair
i would probably be dead if that brake had been used on the pavement that said i broke bones only the dirt had slight cushion
i have scrapped out 300+ old motorcycles and 90% of the ones with old shoes that are bonded not riveted are already falling apart it is a very very serious issue for the builder to fully address

I finally have both wheels off and the drums out. There are lots of pad left but they are in fact glued only not riveted.

TXBenelli said:
Well I kind of gooned up the frame. I tried a heat and bend and I don't think it went well.

No, that didn't go to well :), heat and bend works for solid rod, but its not going to work to bend tube. You really have to use a tube bender. There are alot of places that sell pre-bent hoops if you dont have the tooling, some are pretty reasonable on price. That being said, I dont think ive ran into an actual Benelli build. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

JSJamboree said:
No, that didn't go to well :), heat and bend works for solid rod, but its not going to work to bend tube. You really have to use a tube bender. There are alot of places that sell pre-bent hoops if you dont have the tooling, some are pretty reasonable on price. That being said, I dont think ive ran into an actual Benelli build. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.
Look at the last couple posts. I got another hoop and some 30* bends and did it again in pieces and then welded all the splices.

Benelli Enduro to Cafe Brat

c97d21f27fdf8e26d18ce5e6b79f01b0.jpg

First coat of paint on, I need it to look slightly worn with some faded spots because the rest of the red parts that came with the bike are that way.
8f771567e4ae34f874c60b5f757b8140.jpg

Rearset peg construction has begun.

advCo said:
It's looking good but I think that pipe would look killer up high.

That was the original plan was to leave it up high. Where the tank comes Down over the frame it blocks the factory path for the pipe and in order to run it there I would have had to raise the tank a bunch and looks really goofy or move the pipe out about 1-1/2" and would ruin where your leg should be to actually ride it.

The other thing I like about it being low is it makes the relatively tall bike look much lower.

So far my "plan" has had to be constantly amended as I build. I spend a lot of time trying stuff and fiddling with it, and taking pictures to look at for a couple days before I do anything big. That's brought me to where I am. It is overall getting much closer to what I want overall but lots of details have gone way different than I originally thought they would.

Back
Top Bottom