2017....projects, ideas, plans ect......

kevmaster

Hi Acethusiasts,

first of all, a happy new year and always good hours on the ACE. I opened this thread, just to talk about our new Projects in 2017. Here in Germany, we have now snow and it´s really cold. So, i ordered some stuff and start to do some mods on my black Baby-Ace.

What I want to do in the next months:

New foot Rests. (arrived)
New headlight (ordered)
New airfilter and relocating the battery, to make it clean (arrived)
Heat tape for my exhaust (yes, even a 50cc exhaust is getting hot)
A rev Counter (ordered)

So, a lot of work to do. OK, i´m a newbie in working on a motorcycle. So, this will take the whole winter. And i takes time to plan, screw, shouting around, order new parts, hurt myself, shouting more...

I´m really interested, what you guys have plannend.

Rgds

Kevin

Hey Guys,

Last year I removed my starter motor. But now I'm finally finishing the cover. It's still a work in progress. But with a little help from a friend I'm hoping to get a nice result. (first picture)

By the way this is my second attempt. I ordered a new cover from Aliexpress hacked and cut it and completely finished it. Then I noticed it didn't fit perfectly with the front gear cover. :'( (second picture)

I also want to fit the new handle switches I bought a while back. Pictures will follow when the work is done.

Ruben

Attachments

• 20161228_221627.jpg
    20161228_221627.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG-20161209-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20161209-WA0000.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 244
Happy new year year.

I want to:-

Remove mud guards I prefer this look
Remove side panels I prefer the look of this too
Relocate battery for above
Tidy and de clutter front I like minimalist simplicity
Replace brake reservoir standard one looks s#!te
Replace levers as I want to shave mirror mounting points
Fit 150cc cylinder head for a little more grunt
Fit a tachometer and a speedo I can see in the dark
Fit a new muffler don't know which one yet.
Strip and polish full bike
Remove excess mounting points on frame etc

That'll keep me going for a night or two hiding from wife and kids in outhouse

Allaster

72 BSA
Have tank in for boiling and repair.
Started rebuild of forks.
Sort some of the electrical.
Swap out some lower bars.
Ride it back and forth across the Colorado/ New Mexico border on all the great back roads here....

I'm not as talented (read hack) as some of the guys here, to me riding with patina is just fine. I've brought many bikes back from the neglect of abusive p.o.'s, but nothing like most the guys here do...

I too am not on the level of most here, I mostly just do decent reshoots and easy fix, little mods. Actually I seem to have a knack for trading things in mid remodels ha ha. My first Street bike of 2017 is a 80 kz550ltd I got for 50 bucks. There it is as of now....to cold to paint and waiting for the igniter. Gonna be cafe Ish brat thingy.

Attachments

• 20170104_170644.jpg
    20170104_170644.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 261
ApriliaBill said:
I'm not as talented (read hack) as some of the guys here, to me riding with patina is just fine. I've brought many bikes back from the neglect of abusive p.o.'s, but nothing like most the guys here do...

My work is pretty average but this project has consumed over a year so far and I have no idea when I will finish it. I did 11000km on it last year after I got it running. Engine currently apart for some work. :) No one in their right mind would fix this bike. I did because I owned the bike 20 years ago and haven't seen it for 16. Mid life crisis....Pretty happy with the Ace how it is.

Attachments

• GPZ3shrunk.jpg
    GPZ3shrunk.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 260
  • GPZ1shrunk.jpg
    GPZ1shrunk.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 251
  • GPZ2shrunk.jpg
    GPZ2shrunk.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 246
  • Photo0456.jpg
    Photo0456.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 258
Probably the wrong place on a Cafe Racer site to show someone UN Cafe Racering their bike! GPZ900R generally doesn't work in Cafe. Yuk! :)

That 900r was quite an engine. Very strong. I had a guy bring me an XS850 in boxes a few years ago. They're not worth much or desirable (I love the XS triples and have owned many) spent a year getting it on the road, sold it to a kid as his first bike (that was a long conversation trying to figure out if I needed to sell such a big bike to a newbie) and was proud as hell when I got a call telling me he rode it to Boston without a hiccup.

I have a house full of rescue dogs and it seems I need to save at least one bike a year....

Back
Top Bottom