Thoughts on Scrambler number plate

redwillissuperman

Keep it simple- engine, wheels, bars
I made a quick sheet metal number plate, but it looks weird to me. Like it was made before wheels were invented and was carved from stone. I was going to round the front or something. Maybe peak it in the center.

The lights are just loosely put in the holes for an idea. I will mill bezels to correct for any angles.

Thoughts?

5a7edc605280599ef6841baa0babd29b.jpg

I feel like the lights look too "centred"?
Like they should be offset to the outside some more.
And i would probably square up the bottom so that the bottom light is closer to the edge.

It's just personal preference though, the general design looks good.

Thoughts on Scrambler number plate

I can't go any wider and fit the projectors. But I can skinny the overhangs on each side of the tubes.

I've done similar exercises, but I never stick with the idea because of the angle necessary for the lights to actually be functional. It's pretty surprising how much of an angle the face of the lenses have to be (to the plate/forks) to project light on the roadway appropriately. I think it takes frenching the lights, but then you need so much more space behind the plate that you don't necessarily have. I like the look of the plate, though. It's aggressive in the best way.

irk miller said:
I've done similar exercises, but I never stick with the idea because of the angle necessary for the lights to actually be functional. It's pretty surprising how much of an angle the face of the lenses have to be (to the plate/forks) to project light on the roadway appropriately. I think it takes frenching the lights, but then you need so much more space behind the plate that you don't necessarily have. I like the look of the plate, though. It's aggressive in the best way.
Once I get the angle of the dangle with the front and rear suspension set up, sag, and plate mounted, I will mill bezels that correct the placement. This means the lights will somewhat bug-eyed from the surface.

What originally going for something hidden but the light and shadows were shite.

36db6e9fbbb3f64330d5e2cdef7a997a.jpg

Looks like shit. What is it C- Chanel lol

Put some curvature to it rad the top backside edges and does it have to be 90deg on the wings? Maybe narrow it up with a bit of a V shape and less hard angle for the wings.

Start with a flat chunk like this: ???

ecab9b518073986340206422a74c1b53.jpg

Or leave it like it is... it'll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

For me part of the problem is the sides are parallel. It just makes the thing look square. Try a CAD model with the top 30mm or so wider than the bottom and I think you'll like the result.

Built this awhile back

Attachments

• IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1791.jpg
    IMG_1791.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 210
Love that bike Brad.

This one started as a normal 8 x 10 inch plate that was trimmed and then heated and bent to get a 3d shape.

DSCN1839_zps6dec61a5.jpg

teazer said:
Love that bike Brad.

This one started as a normal 8 x 10 inch plate that was trimmed and then heated and bent to get a 3d shape.

DSCN1839_zps6dec61a5.jpg
What kind of lights are there, Teazer?

Cheap spot lights from Autozone or Pep Bois. I'd think that there are better smaller lights available now, but they were available and fairly easy to fabricate mounts onto the shells of the OEM headlamp Brackets.

Back
Top Bottom