CB250 front brake master cyclinder.

Green199

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Damn, my master cylinder on the CB250 has developed a minor leak while being stored, so looking for a rebuild kit for it.

I can't find much info or sources for a kit, but I've came across some for other models (i know Honda loved the interchangeability of parts on their bikes!).

Does anyone know whether or not the CJ360t had the same master cylinder as the CB350 k4? Can't find part numbers for the CJ.

In my (admittedly limited) experience, brake masters are mostly interchangeable. I recently bolted a front master from a '03 GSXR onto my '81 CB750 with no troubles at all. My only real point of advice is to get a cylinder that drives the same number of calipers as your bike has: if you Ave a single disc, get a master from a single and if you have twin fronts use a master from something with twins.

Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah as long as piston diameter is the same they should be interchangeable. But I am fond of the stock master I have and how it firs into my 'cockpit' area so just looking to rebuild it really.

Check out Sirius Consolidated. They often carry tough-to-find bits at decent prices.

Back
Top Bottom