82 CB750F Tank on a 1995 CB750 Nighthawk?

slategrey66

Hello,

I have a 95' CB750, i was wondering if anyone knows if a 82 CB750F Tank will fit on my bike. I ordered one on eBay and it hasn't got here yet (Found a last minute auction i didn't have a chance to research). Fingers crossed someone has experience or knows if it will fit.

Thanks!

More than likely you'll have to do some fab work. The main rail on the NH is wider than the main on the 80's 750f. I have both bikes and I tried fitting a 80 cb750c tank and I had to cut the tabs down a little. The other issue is that the tank will probably rest on the valve cover. Good luck.

i have a 78f on mine so i dont see why not they are basically the same tank mounts

you have to make a riser for the rear mount and move and redrill the front rubbers to clear the forks if you need a picture or 2 pm me

here it is during mock up and testing

Here's mine with a 82 cb450t hawk tank. Tail piece is still being fab-ed, pay no mind to the primer grey.

Attachments

• IMG_8844.JPG
    IMG_8844.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 300
The petcock from my 95' take had two lines connected to it.. The petcock on the 82 tank has only one spot to connect to it.. Which am I suppose to connect? Sorry for the noob question. One of the lines are large and one of the lines are small. I'm assuming i hookup the small one for the fuel, just not sure where the other line would go.

The small tube is a vacuum hose that runs to cylinder #1. The big one is for fuel. You can forget about the small line. Just make sure you close off the vacuum port on the intake boot going into the cylinder. If you look on the boot you'll see a little nipple. Take that out and replace it with the appropriate metric screw.

esmoojee said:
The small tube is a vacuum hose that runs to cylinder #1. The big one is for fuel. You can forget about the small line. Just make sure you close off the vacuum port on the intake boot going into the cylinder. If you look on the boot you'll see a little nipple. Take that out and replace it with the appropriate metric screw.

thanks for the info, the diameter of the fuel tube is a lot bigger than the 82 petcock outlet (the outlet is i think the same diameter of the vacuum tube). so will i have to get a reducer or something?

Back
Top Bottom