Cb550 gsxr brat

work9to5

See you in the wind.
Hey guys, finished this one yesterday. Have a bunch of minor things to tie up on her. But she's functional and turned out better than expected. Really flys, smooth ride. The front end changed up the ride completely. Very happy with her. Haven't taken her on the highway or high speeds yet because I don't have the tail light I want yet.

It's a 95gsxr750 Showa fork situation. New seals and rebuilt. Small bottom mount headlight, that I switched in a 20watt led bulb. Original tank with a "pearl sparkle black" paint job. Tank looks like a flat paint at night until light hits it and it then it sparkle shines . Switched in a cb650 rear wheel to match the front com star. Front wheel it chromed. Planning on powdering the rear black. Self fab battery box. Electro sport reg/rec. fab'd new wiring loom. The new forks dropped the stock stance 2" so I switched in rear Showa shocks from a cm400 dropping the rear 1.5" from stock to even her out. Engine is overbored to max, at about 602cc now. Took it out of a previous build I had on here but was having some top end issues and needed a rebuild. Put in heavy duty cyclinder rods to keep her solid and tight. 75 frame, 77 motor. Jardine exhaust that I sourced from a member on here. She growls low. Happy with the sound and that she still sounds like a vintage Honda should. The seat which I'm very proud of I made myself. Hand banged a seat pan from 12gauge. High density foam underneath. Cover is made from veg tan leather that I saddle stitched, dyed oxblood and weather treated, then pop riveted to the pan. It's solid comfortable and looks professionally done. Took me days and days to do. Seat actually took more time than lacing the engine together lol.

Lmk what you think. I've still got a ton of small things to finish up but she's so close.

Oh one thing because she's lowered the kick stand makes her sit pretty straight. Something I'm not comfortable with. Need to source a shorter one. Someone recommend something? Something I won't have to weld in. Is there a similar kickstand with a shorter length from a Honda that would plug in?
d53655b9e30ba62ae17b5a380b6dc3a5.jpg

6f13c40d5380ce294f3a89eab21767bc.jpg

820f0a024621681f82dfe0c5a5bacf6a.jpg

8262c7da9a2a145215cc5d92b24c9aed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom