Amature bike restorer needs help

survivor1911

So near my high school there is a small auto shop and the owner has a 1978 cb750F super sport he offered to sell me for $200 and its got just about everything mechanical but the gas tank, seat and head light, side covers, ect.... If I recall correctly there was only 2 years the bike was made so its kinda tough to come across original parts, so a few questions; Where may I be able to find original parts? Where can I find after market parts for that exact year and model bike, and are other parts universal from other model years and from other bikes from say a cb750k from the same year? I am in the USA.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Retro_6.jpg
    Retro_6.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 240
survivor1911 said:
So near my high school there is a small auto shop and the owner has a 1978 cb750F super sport he offered to sell me for $200 and its got just about everything mechanical but the gas tank, seat and head light, side covers, ect.... If I recall correctly there was only 2 years the bike was made so its kinda tough to come across original parts, so a few questions; Where may I be able to find original parts? Where can I find after market parts for that exact year and model bike, and are other parts universal from other model years and from other bikes from say a cb750k from the same year? I am in the USA.

Thanks for the help.

eBay.

$200 isn't a bad deal if its got paperwork but keep in mind on any bike the seat, tank, sidecovers are generally going to be the big money items.

The guy has some stuff like the tach and spedometer, the cluch and brake levers and stuff but yah it comes with that the bike and the title, and just now I saw a gas tank out of stock but they wanted 1,037 for it.

Back
Top Bottom