cb200 remix

Damn, that is slick! There's a stock CB200 that parks next to me sometimes and I always linger a little. I love that tank shape and the colors you chose really highlight it's lines.

Really nice Nate. I agree the megaphone exhaust looks better with your paint scheme. I can't wait to start mine!

Right on! Thats a beauty! Thats very thin foam. Still comfy? I ride my moped with a lumber seat. I kinda enjoi the vibrating. Though slivers are another story.

Took the day off today from work and finished and powder coated the exhaust flat black. Will eventually do the thermal wrap down to the coupling. I think that will complete this project, maybe! :p I want to thank everyones compliments and have to say I gathered alot of imformation from this site. A bunch of great ideas fueling eveyones projects and some very talented people. On to the next one for me a '73 350f. NATE
IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

The real before shot. The night I got back from picking it up 2yrs ago.
IMG_0155.jpg

1974 cb200 said:
Did some painting on the frame. Started of with a acid etching of the the steel.
IMG_0032.jpg

Then some two part epoxy primer.
IMG_0034.jpg

Two coats of single stage gloss black.
IMG_0038.jpg

What are the three products you used for the etching, priming and painting? Part numbers if possible!! Thanks and great job!!

Celly

I used NASON brand paint. Should be available at most autobody supply shops. Reasonably priced and very easy to work with. The single stage black came from Eastwood. If you need more info PM me and I will get some more details for you.
NATE

wow very nice! Im definitely going with the high density foam until I get around to learning to sew. And I have to say Im quite jealous of your shop!

p.s. Its a beautiful sunny day, turn off your damn flash!!!

1974 cb200 said:
Well here we go, this is the before shot. hope to be finished in a different color and rebuild the motor etc.
IMG_0086.jpg

Having fun with the cutoff wheel.
IMG_0174.jpg

fabricated rearset mounts and tried out some hole saws on the frame.
IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

with that completed, onto frame bracing with a detachable stone guard.
IMG_0186.jpg

Thanks for letting me know about this site Brent!

I see in this photo of your "before" that you mounted the rearsets on the original rear foot peg arms? You welded on the tabs & cut that stuff off just for looks?

The way my rearsets attach required a tab like the one I fabbed. The before shot shows how I "rigged" them up with a acc. clamp and an existing hole. Alot cleaner with the new mounts.
NATE

dont get me wrong, the mounts look clean, but dont you think they are a bit of overkill? I only ask because I just finished fabricating some tabs to hold my rear sets and in comparison to yours they look absolutely flimsy. That being said, I feel like my tabs made out of quarter inch bar will be more than sufficient to support my weight, but I have to admit looking at your tabs makes me question my design.

One reason mine are thicker is because they are tapped so I woudn't need a nut for the mounting bolts. To me 1/4" sounds a little thin thinking about someones weight on them and especially the braking side. Might flex under hard braking.
NATE

ya, Im welding the nut in place on the back side since I dont have a tap and dye kit. As for the thickness, I def think anything thinner would be a bad idea, but Im like 135lbs soaking wet, and I put 90° bends on the tabs to help brace them against any flexing (Im using two tabs per bracket instead of one big long tab).

I think its important to think of the next guy when you are building these things. I'm 235lbs. soaking wet. Are those tabs going to stand up to me standing up on them? I'm not criticizing here, just food for thought. I like to think the bike that I have that is 40 years old will be around another 40. Who's going to own it next?

Back
Top Bottom