RD400 wheel sprocket... stupid issue

74 mm center.

it does actually have the Yamaha logo on it.. so I know I am in the right ballpark.

That JT Sprockets site is killer. I got these from Dock.. who got them from someone else.. so they were labeled as RD400 but we were never sure.

Worth noting that the sprocket side of the hub got 2 bearings doubled up. Last piece I really need to find is the damn collar for that side. the ID of the bearings is larger on that side than it is on the other... yamaha put a collar in there to reduce it and act as a spacer. (I guess). so if anyone has one of those little guys floating around, I would be interested.

Clem.. whats the Honda behind your Daytona? CB160? (Daytona looks great... btw.)

Clem- I can't tell from your picture what you are referring to. Can you post a closeup picture? Thanks.

Jimmer, a few weeks back I accidentally deleted all of my pics so I no longer have the shots from when restored the rims. I was referring to the spline that runs around the center of the wheel and intersects with the spokes. I didn't notice that in the original picture that was posted. I don't think that is a RD mag at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

5ab7ba7faf9576c0a4421a29c87e6511.jpg

Daytona drive side hub.

Thanks for taking the time and posting that picture clem. I know I have been working a lot and freel a bit fried out, but I am not seeing anything non standard or different on your wheel.I'm feeling a bit stupid right now!

No doubt Jimmer. The Daytona has wider rims than the other 400's and one rim is stamped as tubless but I think thats the only differences.

Thanks Clem,
Useful info. I didn't know that the G had a different wheel and sprocket.

Lazloh, did you buy that lathe yet?

Probably Brad. Any idea what Yamaha rear wheel you had with 74mm center?

If a Daytona sprocket fits, that fixes the problem regardless of where it came from. Right? Or am I missing something? I see in Clem's picture that his rear wheel is different and I see a wear ring on LazloH's wheel that suggests it was where the sprocket sat and it looks like it will fit and line up.

kinda.

so the 74 mm center sprocket fits this wheel great...

then a box came.... I dont recall bidding on an auction for an RD400 rear wheel with a sprocket and all the bits... but the alert that said I won it for 29 bucks was nice.

the even nicer alert was the auction I won for an RD400 transmission.. for $15.50... because why not make it harder to ever get this thing running.

the only thing that will stop it dead in its tracks is starting a build thread.

Brad.. the wheel came from Dock... which might have come from you? im not sure where half of this stuff originated from at this point with our crazy trade triangles.

If I wasn't confused before, I sure am now! Well I am glad you are getting it sorted anyways.

Well what bikes came with a 18 in rear mag? Xs500 ? Rd400... that wheel originally came from a pile of wheels in the woods behind one of my parts guys house

Back
Top Bottom