What is it worth?

nateb

Been Around the Block
286ebb8bfbec85d8f89111cd8d1c67a8.jpg
a35d7a1def3c2844c654eeb24b45369c.jpg
2b9d6f296fa38777eb2be1386eaeccdb.jpg
39ed16a1aa9ddc366b1fd9d9a38523fc.jpg
56433706b98261679620989f991eaf97.jpg
1975 Cb750 supersport. No key, turns over. Hasn't ran for the usual 15-20 years. Rats chewed off the air filters. It's listed for a $1000. I think that's a bit on the high side. Has a small dent in front fender and tank. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

purchase price is the smallest part of the "build"
A grand is about right around here IF it has a title.

I'd say that's a bit high with no key and been stored outside in the weather for 20 years.
750 or so.

If $2-600 off the purchase price is going to make or break your "build" plan, I would suggest rethinking the plan.

If you search around, there is ZERO reason that you can not find a bike that is running/riding with less risk in the $2-3000 range.
While yes that is more then a grand, in the long run it is MUCH cheaper.
Actually it isnt even the long run, it is the short run if the plan actually includes riding a motorcycle.

How about you fill us in on where you are, what you have to spend(right now, not the im going save $36 a week) and what you really want to do with a motorcycle.

Do you want to ride?
Have an endless project?
Tinker and "learn"
End up on pipeburn?
Create an art project?

surffly said:
If $2-600 off the purchase price is going to make or break your "build" plan, I would suggest rethinking the plan.

If you search around, there is ZERO reason that you can not find a bike that is running/riding with less risk in the $2-3000 range.
While yes that is more then a grand, in the long run it is MUCH cheaper.
Actually it isnt even the long run, it is the short run if the plan actually includes riding a motorcycle.

How about you fill us in on where you are, what you have to spend(right now, not the im going save $36 a week) and what you really want to do with a motorcycle.

Do you want to ride?
Have an endless project?
Tinker and "learn"
End up on pipeburn?
Create an art project?

This is true to a point, but 2-600 dollars can make all the difference if you have to stick to a budget on a build.
2-600 bucks in your pocket means nicer shocks, nicer gauges, etc etc.
There's no sense in overpaying for a bike.

Whether getting a solid bike is cheaper or not is debatable and dependent on skill level and what the plan is.
Toss some clubmand and pods on it and paint it flat black? Yes spend more on a nicer bike, it saves time, money and headache.
New suspension, forks, wheels, seat, subframe, etc? Why bother with all the nice stuff that's just going to get tossed, buy a POS with a good engine.

just IMHO

Back
Top Bottom