Alternative coil for a ke100

Archer97

Snow, the other white drug.
So I need a new ignition coil for my 1977 ke100. The only problem is the only ones I can find are on ebay for $50 and they come from Indonesia. Lol so I'm trying to find a coil off another bike that would work for it. I believe the coil needs to be between 1.5 and 1.9 ohm on the primary and 10k ohm on the secondary. Anyone have any suggestions or other places to find one of these things?

Sent from my SM-G930P using DO THE TON mobile app

Is the coil open,closed, or intermittent? They do go bad once in a blue moon, but very rare.partzilla, bike bandit, dyna(dynatek). Tiawanese coils may be ok, but the only coil I had ever go bad was chinese.

jimmer said:
Is the coil open,closed, or intermittent? They do go bad once in a blue moon, but very rare.partzilla, bike bandit, dyna(dynatek). Tiawanese coils may be ok, but the only coil I had ever go bad was chinese.
Reads open on the primary and the reading jumps all over on the secondary. Its bad for sure because I swapped the coil off my kawi G5 and she fired right up.

Sent from my SM-G930P using DO THE TON mobile app

The ignition coil from an early Honda Trail will work, but you may need to fabricate something to mount it.

Back
Top Bottom