1973 Honda CB450K6 fork upgrades?

hachiroku

Hi Guys,
Do you any of you know if the Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators or Mikes XS650 Emulators can be fitted to my factory forks come rebuild time? I was not able to find much information in this regard online. I read the K5-K7 forks are the same as the CB500, CB550, and CB750? What about spring upgrades? Linear? Progressive?

If I'm able to fit emulators to my assembly, can I run a generic 35mm fork tube, or does it have to be specific to the CB tube?

Thank you.

If fork outer diameter is 35mm they should fit no problem. I have a pair here and will try and check diameter today sometime to verify

i found these for a harley...much cheaper than anything available for the CB directly...and close to the correct length. although i haven't been able to find a definite answer to the correct length for the CB450.

$101.67 with free shipping

http://www.motoparthub.com/24_0013_VTwin_Hard_Chrome_35mm_Fork_Tube_Set_2314_Total_Length

Product description for V-Twin Manufacturing Hard Chrome 35mm Fork Tube Set 23-1/4" Total Length
24-0013

Hard chrome fork tubes are Showa type with a stock length of 23-1/4\".
Before installing, compare new and old tubes. Be sure the stock top plugs it into the new fork tubes. Sold as a pair. *NOTE: These are fork tubes only. Order internals separately.

Measurements:

Diameter: 35mm
Length: 23.25"

Fits Models:
XLH 1975-1983
XLCH 1975-1983
FX 1976-1983
Tech Note:

I think you need to get some measurements as Harley may have them made with imperial tops of reduced diameter.
You'll need HD top nuts as well (which look real clunky )

I ordered them. thanks for the info. will report back with measurements once they arrive. hopefully they work. any thoughts to valve emulators?

The ones I got from Mikes XS are <24mm diameter (23.84mm)and 16.5 deep with about 1.75mm spigot to fit into top of original damper rod. The adjuster bolt is 60mm long.

Back
Top Bottom