New Member in MA. 1980 GS450

jrogers

Hi all,
I've been on here for a few months and been viewing for longer. My bike started as a GS450 the "L" model. I've had it for about 5 years now and gone through the normal backlog of neglected work/maintenance so it's a nice reliable bike now.
A few things I've done:
- UNI pods + shorty exhaust +rejetted carbs
- Tray under seat holds all electronics
- Custom wiring harness with upgraded charging system (SH775 R/R)
- Removed dash and put the idiot lights in the headlight bucket.
- Progressive fork springs up front and plan on putting some Hagon's in the rear.

34258592494_59b723c0b5_c.jpg

Nice looking ride man, really like the bags you've made under the seat. Those wheels are just too cool as well.

Welcome, and high fives from Montreal mate

Looking for my next project (aren't we all, one way or another) and have seen a few of these listed locally. How much work is needed on the frame to get a pretty decent bone line - is the frame fairly horizontal under the stock seat or does it dip down before coming back up again towards the rear fender? Your frame looks pretty horizontal to me

Thanks everybody for the welcomes.

The GS450's are awesome! Lots of usable power for a 450. I'm happy beating it around the city but do plenty of 100+ mile days comfortably.
As for the frame lines - the E, S or even T model frames are more suited for the horizontal line but you can do some adjustments to even it out, even on the L. On mine I cut of and dropped the front tank mounts as well as raised the rear to even out the tank a little. The seat is from a T and doesn't have the hump of the original seat. I didn't want to mess up the steering geometry in the front so didn't drop it at all but a pair of shocks with an extra inch or so and I think you'd be good to go!

Here's a couple more of me abusing it a few months ago

33970617571_de79ba8f7a.jpg

34100772565_024b3e208a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom