Hi from Brisbane, sr250 first build

Rusty82

Hi to everyone, just bought my first project being a 81 sr250 in decent condition but not running.
Have learnt a lot already from reading through the forums here and will get a build post happening when I make some progress.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2867.JPG
    IMG_2867.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2865.JPG
    IMG_2865.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2862.JPG
    IMG_2862.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 201
Hi from the Caribbean Looks clean and complete, always a good start, what are your plans? Arn't you suppost to be posting upside from down under? (sorry pomey joke)

Popeye SXM said:
Hi from the Caribbean Looks clean and complete, always a good start, what are your plans? Arn't you suppost to be posting upside from down under? (sorry pomey joke)

Haha, met you half way with the sideways pics, the plan short term is to get the motor running with the bike in stock form.
Long term strip her right down and go for brat/cafe with low bars and flat seat, was lucky enough to find a local shop that sells the jadus gear so at least I can save on some postage costs.
Cheers for the welcome!

Welcome mate. Good to see another SR250 getting some love. Looking forward to a build thread.

I still have a couple of parts laying around from my build so let me know if you need any. Not much is left though.

Thanks for the offer Brodie, got a heap of spares with the bike including another set of forks and a set of rims but I'm sure there will be a few things missing as it was a combination of two bikes and he lost interest when he couldn't get it going.
Spotted a ttr250 motor with kick start all intact of the same age for $450, does that sound reasonable? I really want to put a kickstart on this bike.

I know the tt250 has a slightly larger bore, around 10cc more, but you won't need the entire motor to stick a kick start on.

As far as I know the XT and TT 250s both had kickstarts so finding the gear of them shod be easy enough.

$450 seems reasonable for a motor that is not stuck and has no major issues.
The parts you need for a kick start addition won't cost you that much though.

Welcome to the SR250 club and looking forward to seeing your build progress!

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Thanks Brodie, I mite just collect the parts over time.
I think I'll organise the shed a bit and build a bike stand before I get cracking on this little beast ;D

Attachments

• IMG_2937.JPG
    IMG_2937.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 192
Back
Top Bottom