Just picked up this stuck 77 Honda CB550

Funhog

Hi!,

I guess I've been a member for awhile but I've never posted here. I just picked up this stuck 77 Honda CB550. Apparently, the tank is not original. Oh well, the tank is a big reason I bought the bike. I'm not completely sure what I'm going to do with it yet. It's a winter project that will likely span 2-4 winters. I'll go and start a build thread soon in the projects section. This will be my second project. Here is a link to my first: https://hondacm400tbratbuild.blogspot.ca/

I guess I feel like I learned a ton from the first project, might as well use my new skills and knowledge and keep learning more!

onqTtLA.jpg

cxman said:
toss a 650 motor in it and have a blast

Now there's a thought 8)

Otherwise, if it's a long term project, take out the spark plugs now and squirt some diesel / ATF in the bores and let it sit for a few weeks before you try and turn it over.

Otherwise, if it's a long term project, take out the spark plugs now and squirt some diesel / ATF in the bores and let it sit for a few weeks before you try and turn it over.

Thanks! I've heard of that method. I will definitely try that. I'm also getting two other motors with this bike.

Unstickicking a four can be fun. Get a large storage tote from the local Walmart, then grab a gallon of marvel mystery oil. Then get 5 gallons of diesel to mix with your marvel. Get a cheap submersible fountain pump from Walmart or harbor freight. Remove the carbs and exhaust. Pump the mixture of marvel and diesel through the oil fill on the crankcase. You'll have to stuff a rag in the hole too to keep the hose in there. So the motor and pump are sitting in a tote with diesel and marvel mystery oil being pumped through it. Do this non stop for about a week.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom