Wanted a bike. So I bought 5.

Check out this vid next time you mount tires...
https://youtu.be/g6luPxbODw8
The "Ziptie Trick" works well, I've done it several times with no issues at all.
That little dude (Zeke) is a member here, and so is his Dad (Texasstar). I went looking for a how-to vid for you and was pleasantly surprised that they had one up on YouTube :p
Search them out, and read their build threads, They're pretty good at getting horsepower from the smaller displacement engines ;)

Nice! Thanks for the suggestion!

Sadly I tried the zip tie method. These tires apparently have a pretty stiff wire bead and no quantity of zip ties was going to change that circumference. The bars worked great. What I lacked was rim guards.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Antennaman346 said:
Sadly I tried the zip tie method. These tires apparently have a pretty stiff wire bead and no quantity of zip ties was going to change that circumference.
:eek:
Go Bigger. I use zipties that are about 1/2" wide and 3' long ;):p

So. Ended up buying a cylinder hone tool from autozone. Went a few different grades on the stones it comes with. Ended up real happy with the cylinder. I chose not to have it bored as the bike only has 5k original miles on it.

Got my pistons and rings and new clutch disks, reassembly went smooth. Hopefully I'll be able to install it tonight and start on the disaster that is my wiring harness
36e811cdaaa22d398c4a48685a0004f7.jpg
4f76d7df37e738f99c7cde6137b80a94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom