CB750 gsxr FE conversion controls

rs_ss350

Hi everyone!

The saga continues, got my front end all sorted out in terms of wheels, brakes, steering on an 82 CB750 with a gsxr 600 front end. The front end came with the original gsxr clip ons and controls, so I am hoping to reuse these... anyone do the same? Looking for the most straightforward solutions. The throttle cable fitting seem to be the same so I fitted some gsxr cables up and without the carbs installed, the length seems to work. Would love to hear any of your solutions for control cables and electrics hookup.

Thanks!

rs_ss350 said:
Hi everyone!

The saga continues, got my front end all sorted out in terms of wheels, brakes, steering on an 82 CB750 with a gsxr 600 front end. The front end came with the original gsxr clip ons and controls, so I am hoping to reuse these... anyone do the same? Looking for the most straightforward solutions. The throttle cable fitting seem to be the same so I fitted some gsxr cables up and without the carbs installed, the length seems to work. Would love to hear any of your solutions for control cables and electrics hookup.

Thanks!

I've done it on a yamaha xs750 before....I used a powerprobe to test the GSXR switches on the bench and made a color-function chart for myself and then compared it to the factory controls similarly and de-pinned the connector on both sets and pinned the GSXR controls to a yamaha connector to make it all plug and play.

a.ka.

GSXR controls:

Blue - high beam
white - low beam
yellow- hazard

etc. etc. and do the same for stock controls then figure out what color on the GSXR has to go to what color on your bike and it shouldn't be too hard to interface them

Back
Top Bottom