Anyone familiar with San Antonio TX?

Redbird

Dolor est Magister Optimus
DTT BOTM WINNER
Headed there in a couple of weeks.
What else is there to see/do besides The Alamo?
Recommend any good places to eat?

Thanks in advance ;)

It is good time to visit, San Antonio is celebrating the 300 year anniversary. Off the top of my head you have Sea World, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, The River Walk, Market Square, 1968 HemisFair Site, Blue Star Brewery, 6 Spanish Missions and about a hundred museums. You won't have to look far to find something to do. The River Walk is full of restaurants and lots of BBQ out on I-10 and the loop. I use to walk to work across downtown San Antonio and would buy home made burritos sold by little old ladies out of a WalMart bag. Some of the best Mexican food! Have fun and safe travels!

When I saw the Alamo my first thought was " this is it?". It was cool to see though, just thought it'd be bigger. Do the river boat rides then walk to the Alamo from there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

We could get you into Air Force Basic Training at Lackland AFB... free lodging for six weeks, plenty of activities to keep you busy, and all the food you can eat! And you'll even get paid, what a deal!

Thanks for the ideas guys. Much appreciated ;)
Sounds like I'll have a full agenda. Or maybe I'll spend most of my time at the Blue Star Brewery :p

ridesolo... I'd love to take you up on that, but I'm outside the age requirement for that level of fun ;) :p

Redbird said:
Thanks for the ideas guys. Much appreciated ;)
Sounds like I'll have a full agenda. Or maybe I'll spend most of my time at the Blue Star Brewery :p

ridesolo... I'd love to take you up on that, but I'm outside the age requirement for that level of fun ;) :p

Ha! Talk about being over the age... exactly 40 years ago right now I was there and just about to graduate from AF Basic Training... wow, how time flies!

If you have a little time to drive, explore the Hill Country and check out Fredericksburg.

Thanks for all the input guys.
We were able to catch a tour of the Alamo (found out a lot of history I had missed), and took a River tour. We walked Market Square, the HemisFair, King William Historic District, and miles of the Riverwalk. We also stopped at Blue Star for a Jingle Ale and an Apache Amber. And dined at Casa Rio for some awesome Tamales and Tacos. All in all it was a full 1.5 days. Lookin forward to doin it again, with hopefully more time to spend ;)

Back
Top Bottom