Beware: Lossa engineering

forcefanajd

Over 1,000 Posts
Anyone here dealt with larossa before? I placed an order with him (just shy of $400) 2 weeks ago, at that time i was informed that the parts were in stock and ready to ship and I have yet to receive my items and/or receive tracking. I’ve sent him emails and got a couple responses this week about how it was supposed to go out the begininnging of the week and then how he was out of town so he couldn’t check for a tracking number for me (I suspect it never made it out the door). I’ve asked for a refund and haven’t heard back or been refunded yet and that was 2 days ago now. I’m not sure if he’s an active member anymore, I know he was back a couple years, but if anyone knows him please point this thread out to him, I’m really trying to not file a PayPal claim and acquire my parts.

I have never had an issue with Jay. I am sure he was just busy over the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed. My assumption was being busy during holidays but I made it pretty clear to him that I wasn’t in a mad rush I just wanted to be kept in the loop.

Holidays man. 2 weeks happens really fast when you're trying to run a business and deal with family and somehow try to find a moment to relax in between.

No offense intended to you personally just a rant:

As a business owner I am sick and tired of dealing with pissed off customers who are just completely unreasonable.
I have a family and a life, as do my employees. I have had a lot of emails over this past week from pissed off people who haven't gotten their stuff fast enough for their liking. Our website has a HUGE banner on the front of it that says we are taking the week off to be with our families. Our lead times are increased on every platform we sell on, and our voicemail system and email say the same thing. Yet people still feel entitled to send pissed off emails or pissy voicemails asking where their stuff is/demanding refunds because they didn't read the lead time/threatening bad reviews/being a general asshole.

People are so used to 12 second shipping from amazon that they have forgotten that most other business run on PEOPLE and not robots. It drives me fucking nuts. One of these days I'll grow a pair and send them an email telling them to go fuck themselves maybe they should drive their ass down here on christmas day and make their own shit. Until then I'll just vent ;D

I placed my order December 14, is it unreasonable to think that the parts would be shipped out before the holiday especially considering I was told the parts were in stock and ready to ship?

It is not unreasonable to expect parts to be shipped out within 10 days. It IS unreasonable to publicly disparage a business with "Beware: Lossa Engineering" as if there was some wrong doing at hand. Gives a very strong bad impression with no justification. Clearly you have had continuing communication, so whats the problem? Patient, experienced people know things occasionally get hectic during the holidays and take that into consideration before slamming someone.

I bought some mufflers from Lossa and one had a scratch from shipping. I called him up and he offered to send a replacement. It wasn’t that big of a deal and I kept it, but calling is the way to go in those situations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to keep everyone who has posted in here up to date. All contact has been lost with Larossa, I haven’t heard from him since last Friday after multiple attempts to resolve the issue. I have opened a claim with PayPal as tomorrow marks 3 weeks since the order date with no update to tracking (which his site automatically does) and he has made minimal attempt to keep me in the loop. His emails have been super vague and short with simple answers of “yes”, “no”, or “maybe” and as a small business owner myself this is completely unacceptable if you want to keep a paying customer at bay and assured that their order is being looked after.

I believe that his last name is Lossa as in Jay Lossa and not Larossa . Are you sure that you've been contacting the right guy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

clem said:
I believe that his last name is Lossa as in Jay Lossa and not Larossa . Are you sure that you've been contacting the right guy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

I’m positive, he emailed me from his personal email because his business email wasn’t working at the time of purchase. Since the claim he has contacted me, apologized for the run around, and is supposed to be shipping tomorrow as well as refunding me shipping charges. No matter which way you cut it (I know some people will say I over reacted) the entire transaction was dealt with poorly and I do not foresee myself placing another order with him, only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom