Barber 2018

J-Rod10

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Got this in the mail today.

They are adding 300 more vendor spots this year. By the looks of this, they'll be located in a different area.

The existing 20'x20' spots are rising in price again. I believe this will put them at $200 per.
17997f8c77b04cb2ea10524585957327.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

They needed to. Barber's swap was deteriorating into one of the worst at any of the events. A small area half filled by people there just to camp, or empty spaces. We've been on the waiting list for years, since no one lets go of their spot whether they use it or not.

Bigger swap meet area is awesome, but I expect you'll find more 'professional' vendors in there and fewer people selling bits and pieces.

A few years back DTT had a spot. It's a cheap way to get a premium camping spot. Set up your tent or trailer, throw a couple of dented tanks on the ground with $200 price tags on them and enjoy the event.

When you factored in the value of the weekend passes and camping spot, I think it was maybe an extra $40 for the location in the swap meet.

They're supposed to be taking spots from those just using them for camping, buying four for an RV and having parts in one, the t-shirt/poster guys, etc.

They were walking around pretty regularly last fall making note of what everyone was selling.

Guess we'll see how it goes this year.

And then the hurricane hit and we all went home sad. Yeah there was still a good bit of swap site abuse going on, hopefully they can steer it in the Mid O direction. That's the best swap meet in the country

I have never been impressed by the barber swap meet personally.
Just a bunch of junk that people are trying to clear out of their shops.
There are a few real vendors (Jarrod) but by and large in my eyes it's isle upon isle of junk and overpriced semi-junk

I've been 4 times and never bought anything other than a tshirt and a minibike.

SONIC. said:

This might be the very definition of a swap meet. LOL

I always find something. Not like Mid-O, though.

That's why I go to swap meets..................when I can.

I probably have nothing but junk.......see below.

SONIC. said:
I have never been impressed by the barber swap meet personally.
There are a few real vendors (Jarrod) but by and large in my eyes it's isle upon isle of junk and overpriced semi-junk

I've been 4 times and never bought anything other than a tshirt and a minibike.
Most of the good stuff gets bought before the vendors ever hit their vendor spot, in the staging lot. I've sold quite a few bikes before I made in out of there. Hell, I sold my R60/2 when we stopped at the Huddle House on the way down. Sat in a booth next to a guy that was heading down. Rolled it out of the trailer in the parking lot.

Back
Top Bottom