Cb360 throttle cable for PWK32s

tweakedlogic

Been Around the Block
I really want to install this pair of flat slides on the 360. I'm having trouble finding a cable or someone to make them. Motion Pro quoted me $175-$325 for chrome cables which I find ridiculous.

I started thinking about snow mobile cables cause they have to 1 into 2 setup. Mikes XS has one, but I'm pretty sure it's too long. Taking the old one off to measure requires a ton of work due to me not leaving things the way Honda intended. And it would mean taking down a running bike.

Can any one offer some insight to housing and cable length? I've been searching the www for a long time now and have come up empty.

its probably just this DIY
https://www.dimecitycycles.com/diy-2-into-1-universal-cable-kit.html

Call DCC and tell em you just need to buy the cable in this kit...
https://www.dimecitycycles.com/the-coveted-mikuni-32mm-carburetor-complete-performance-kit-cb-cl350-360.html

A 32 will be too big. I wouldn't go over 30, and 28 is probably better for a stock motor.

It isn't a stock motor. It's a 378 with ported polished heads, oversized valves w/ 3 angle, internal oil filer deleted, plumbed to external oil filter and cooler, added oil pasages for cam journals, and a lot of mass machined off rotating parts.
Also, the stock carbs are 32mm

tweakedlogic said:
It isn't a stock motor. It's a 378 with ported polished heads, oversized valves w/ 3 angle, internal oil filer deleted, plumbed to external oil filter and cooler, added oil pasages for cam journals, and a lot of mass machined off rotating parts.
I ran 32s on my 378. They're too big. But you can try for yourself. Stock venturi on a CB360 is 28mm.

tweakedlogic said:

That’s a lot of work gone into a 360. :). once sorted, It will be a fun little machine.

trek97 said:
That’s a lot of work gone into a 360. :). once sorted, It will be a fun little machine.

Yup. Right now the bike has another motor in it and runs. When I find a throttle cable it's time to swap. I have everything else ready, although i would like to find a better option for the oil filter. The one i have uses a small car filter. Id like to find a smaller block for a tiny spin on fulter for bikes, but it will work for now. My oil cooler is a power steering cooler from a dodge. It's perfect.

irk miller said:
I ran 32s on my 378. They're too big. But you can try for yourself. Stock venturi on a CB360 is 28mm.

Well shit! I measured the inside of the carbs with a caliper, but of course only the end. I may have to go shopping again

Well I ordered some 30mm carbs since irk Miller pointed out 32s are too big. I also ordered a cable for a Polaris. I hope the carb ends will fit pwks since the snowmobile uses Mikuni vms. I went digging through my parts shelves and found an old throttle cable. It's about 1/2" longer than the Polaris, so I hope it fits.

Curious how good that cable works out for you. I've ended up doing a bunch of cutting and brazing to make my own. It would be nice to find an off-the-shelf option.

As far as the 30s, I think you'll be happy with the low end torque you get out of the smaller bore carb.

Back
Top Bottom