The Volkswagen Thread

Staggerlee said:
This thread needs to be renamed "Who comes from vwvortex."

Hahahha... its a popular place. They have a similar thread on BikeForums and TarckBike (both fixed gear/singlespeed/track bicycle forums).

I'm on the 'Tex' although I don't post much there due to some of the douchbaggery I've seen in there. My past VW's include: 1980 Scirroco, 1983 Rabbit GTI, 1984 Rabbit GTI, 1984 Audi 4000 Quattro (in the same family), 2 2003 GTI's, a 2006 Passat, and currently a 2009 GTI (love it).

Kuyarico said:
I'm on the 'Tex' although I don't post much there due to some of the douchbaggery I've seen in there.

Yeah, that place used to be a pretty good resource; now I'm just embarrassed to even go in there.

Here's some of my vw's. The only vw still left is the 04 GLI that my wife drives.
GTI021.jpg

My old 02 GTI w/ Stg III Tyrolsport turbo kit. It's replacement is in the background.

IMG_3035.jpg

83 VW Rabbit pickup truck [SOLD]

oldjetta.jpg

Another previous VW that was totaled because of someone running a red light. :(

These vws used to be mine:

a 75 baywindow kleinbus
justmarried.jpg
and
a '72 K70L (the very first FWD watercooled volkswagen originally designed by NSU before it was merged)
761.jpg

My second car was a 1986 Scirocco 8v (first was a '69 Firebird but at 16 decided a VW was "cooler"). Learned to drive stick on it. I drove the shit out of it. When I got it the odometer didn't work and was stuck at 118,000. I put untold numbers of miles on it over two years without even checking the oil once. I finally gave it to my dad and he sold it when the clutch went out.

Joksa said:
These vws used to be mine:

a 75 baywindow kleinbus
justmarried.jpg
and
a '72 K70L (the very first FWD watercooled volkswagen originally designed by NSU before it was merged)
761.jpg
holy roof rack batman,looks like its at least a foot off the roof

I'll play!

Ive rebuilt a couple VWs recently. Had to take a break as it was to expensive so my current project is sitting while I spend a little less money every month finishing my cafe build.

Heres the only pic I have of my daily 2001 jetta
photo%284%29.jpg

The first car I rebuilt, and 82 Rabbit Convertible
From
Pic2.jpg

Pic7.jpg

To
DSC01524.JPG

DSC01527.JPG

DSC01529.JPG

Sold that because I wanted a VR6... Sold the 92 GTI it the day after I finished it because I didn't like how it turned out.

From
DSC00442.JPG

To (not sure why the side moldings wernt on but you get the idea)
DSC00473.JPG

Here is my current project and my baby. wanted once since I got into VWs and finally bought the bullet and bought one. 1972 Rabbit Pickup which is getting a turbo diesel swapped in.

When I picked it up.
DSC01570.JPG

Current progress, cleaned up the engine bay and starting to but stuff back. Everything is being rebuilt before being put back into the truck. Complete rebuild no corners cut.
photo%20%2823%29.jpg

My 2003 VW Passat 1.8T 5-Speed. Currently low mileage only has 68K on the clock, not bad for 7 years old. It has a full custom 2.5" TBE, TurboSmart DV, Custom Intake, Boost Gauge, H&R/Bilstein Setup, and Drilled/Slotted Rotors. I just sold the RS4 Wheels a couple weeks ago, probably buy new wheels in spring. I was gonna sell it but being paid off I have a hard time doing that.

DSC_0016-2.jpg

DSC_0029-1.jpg

DSC_0012-3.jpg

No love for the Corrados? This is the ongoing project: '92 VRT Corrado, swapped to obd2 with many more mods.

232323232%7Ffp364%3Enu%3D3277%3E988%3E2%3A3%3EWSNRCG%3D323536%3A49957%3Bnu0mrj

And here's the '84 Magna I'm starting my project with
232323232%7Ffp33%3A%3Enu%3D3277%3E988%3E2%3A3%3EWSNRCG%3D3233875%3A76389nu0mrj

vwpunk said:
No love for the Corrados? This is the ongoing project: '92 VRT Corrado, swapped to obd2 with many more mods.

Corrados? The only thing those are good for is a MK2 VR swap... ;D

Staggerlee said:
hey hey now. corrados can be cool. granted you dont ever see any. i have been a vw nut for over 15 years and have only seen maybe 5 that caught my attention. its a hard car to be cool with lol

my94f2 said:
theres a guy here in town w/ 4 sciroccos. and why did you go obd2?

I will admit as cool as the Scirocco is, I like the style of the Corrado a little more. I went obd2 because the turbo software I run (42# injectors) was real rocky with obd1 so the same tune for obd2 is much better.

Staggerlee said:

hey now! I love mkIIs, I eventually own a mkII Jetta coupe and/or a Rabbit. I've got a project '75 bus still sitting at my parents that will hopefully get on the road in the next month or two.

Back
Top Bottom