New Lungs !

Titan performance

Titan cafe racer builders.
About 10 hours work all told.....
The grey Allspeeds were sold and gone, so a set of our own stainless pipes was needed....in a hurry, as I plan to take the 750 to the TT on the 30th.
2 well spent evenings this week and, voila !

Attachments

• kettle cafe.jpg
    kettle cafe.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 271
  • kettle pipes 2 016.JPG
    kettle pipes 2 016.JPG
    661.8 KB · Views: 254
  • kettle pipes 2 017.JPG
    kettle pipes 2 017.JPG
    660.3 KB · Views: 244
  • kettle pipes 2 019.JPG
    kettle pipes 2 019.JPG
    672.9 KB · Views: 256
Titan,

Where did you end up with jetting and needle settings with allspeeds and pods and what do you expect to end up with on the new pipes?

Although we ran the bike a few miles with the Allspeeds, we decided ages ago to out them and fit our own pipes...so we never concerned ourselves with set up. I know the 750 is a heavy lump, with modest power, but it felt to me like it had a cork up it's arse, and that my stock 500 wouldn't be far behind it. That said it ran perfectly clean and crisp, and seemed well sorted. Our newly made pipes need finishing off, and then polishing, so it will be a while before we get involved in set up.

Jimmer, as regards the weld settings....I can't help you with that mate...it's the guy, Andy, in the picture that does our tiging....I know nothing about welding, other than that Andy is bloody good at it !

Try 47.5 pilot jets, raise the needles one clip position and start with 122.5 mains or even 125 main jets. You will probably end up with 120's but start higher and the same settings across all three.

Thanks Teazer, that information is very much appreciated. We know where we are with the 500, but we would be starting from scratch with this engine. Thanks again !

Looks great!
The wife and I hope to be coming your way next year and visiting the TT in June.
Won't have a bike with me but this is on my bucket list.

Plus we will be dong Ireland and the UK.
Have a few friends over that way we hope to visit.

Chris

The TT is awesome.....you will need to think about ferry crossings and accommodation now though for 2016....it gets booked up real quick !

We got the pipes back from the polisher today, and fitted them them this evening. Better pictures in daylight to follow. I'm hoping for a selection of main jets to arrive in tomorrow's post. We have loads of jets for the 32mm 500 carbs, but they are totally different, and not interchangeable unfortunately.

Attachments

• kettle pipes 003.JPG
    kettle pipes 003.JPG
    669.2 KB · Views: 233
  • kettle pipes 002.JPG
    kettle pipes 002.JPG
    431.6 KB · Views: 226
The, "next day delivery" jets I ordered on Tuesday, turned up on Friday.....so Friday morning I fitted the jets recommended by Teazer, and blasted the old girl up the lanes.....WOW ! The cork has been very much removed from it's butt, and the old thing now flies ! Friday afternoon it was loaded onto the trailer, and it's now with me on the Isle of Man..
I have yet to go out on the 750, but heads will definitely turn when they hear and see it.

Good to hear but those were just a place to start with fine tuning. Do a plug chop or stick on a dyno and be really careful about part throttle fueling which is what catches people out all the time.

Have fun

No motion pics to post at the moment, and wifi is sparse here on the Island....the good news is that the 750 is running nicely, and the plugs look to be a satisfactory shade. My 500 is also running well after an initial issue with an inlet rubber splitting, and a small piece of debris finding it's way into a needle valve and causing the carb to flood. People just love these bikes...I can't park up any where without folk wanting to talk, and take pics.
Practice week weather was shite, but race week has been glorious...we are all sun burned to a cinder ! And as ever, the racing has been spectacular......Senior day tomorrow. Can anyone stop Hutchy?

Attachments

• TT 2015 002.JPG
    TT 2015 002.JPG
    647.1 KB · Views: 216
  • TT 2015 001.JPG
    TT 2015 001.JPG
    688.2 KB · Views: 211
  • TT 2015 004.JPG
    TT 2015 004.JPG
    424.4 KB · Views: 226
The 500 rides really well....it feels lively and nimble, and handles well. A bit too well as it turns out, as while leading all of my pals on their heavy duty modern kit around a twisting section, I very nearly threw it, and myself, into the scenery. I got the pipe down hard on a right hander, and lifted the wheel for split second....could have been costly !
The 750 however, is not light or nimble, and handles like an aircraft carrier, needing written notice to make a turn ! Mind you, I had the stand down on a left hander which made me jump !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u30vi69hFCo

Attachments

• TT 2015 004.JPG
    TT 2015 004.JPG
    671 KB · Views: 206
Back
Top Bottom