"Tangerine Dream" / Glemseck - KZ750

Love those tanks man. I plan on doing a board tracker project this winter also, I keep an eye out for that thread if you decide to do it!

Luugo86 said:
Love those tanks man. I plan on doing a board tracker project this winter also, I keep an eye out for that thread if you decide to do it!

Luuogo - keep me posted on your build - I'll definitely be following ! I'm on a couple of "Boardtrack" specific sites, but most are for small capacity machines. What motor are you planning on using ?

It's almost certain I will go ahead - I already have the engine, tank, and a load of period accessories from the aborted TR1 build. Lack of funds is now my main issue - the workshop problem resolved due to the generosity of my pal Brian. I have the two French bike importers looking out for a suitable donor rolling chassis. As soon as that's in place - it's press the go button !

der_nanno said:
That head's looking preeeeetty! :D

Thanx Greg .............. in the day I used to modify my Triumph heads to twin plug [ 1960's ], superchargers, reverse head ....... all coming full circle nearly 50 years later !! Apart from the reverse head that is !

BTW Greg ..................... I'm looking for a CHEAP 1927 'ish Motobecane rolling chassis ? Plentiful in France [ relatively so ].

Well, I am pretty far away from France (I think you're closer than me), but I have a few friends there and shall ask around on Facebook.

That being said: Currently stuck in Uni-work over both of my ears, so making very little progress in the workshop (let alone on the turbo....)

Cheers,
Greg

der_nanno said:
Well, I am pretty far away from France (I think you're closer than me), but I have a few friends there and shall ask around on Facebook.

That being said: Currently stuck in Uni-work over both of my ears, so making very little progress in the workshop (let alone on the turbo....)

Cheers,
Greg

Appreciate that Greg .. it is more of a case that you might have more contacts over there ?

Final chassis piece arrived today. Tarozzi fork brace. I HAVE got a steering dampener somewhere . just have to locate it !

Attachments

• KZ750 stripdown oct 14th 009.jpg
    KZ750 stripdown oct 14th 009.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 170
I have a steering dampener for my 750. still haven't decided how i want to mount it. I was thinking about making a bracket off some of the bolts on the valve cover.

doc_rot said:
I have a steering dampener for my 750. still haven't decided how i want to mount it. I was thinking about making a bracket off some of the bolts on the valve cover.

Yes, I haven't got that far either !!! However - I have ditched the head brackets and replaced them with a Rose jointed rod. The OEM brackets just look like a solution looking for a problem, and are a PITA anyway.

canyoncarver said:
I got that same fork brace for mine Beach.

The last one of these I bought was for my TR1 - 5 years ago £65 ............. This one £112 !!!! Inflation or what.

beachcomber said:
Appreciate that Greg .. it is more of a case that you might have more contacts over there ?

I do have some rather special contacts overthere and yes, they have been informed, that you're looking for a frame.

Thanx Greg - really appreciate your efforts.

This is the sort of thing I'm looking for. Curved front girder forks would be a bonus. Just the bare rolling chassis would do me. I missed one on E-Bay last year a 1927 Motobecane B7 [?] - it was a 250 or 350 cc engined model.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    276 KB · Views: 186
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 179
  • black-g.jpg
    black-g.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 744
Further progress. The bike ramp has been dug out of my garage and been jet-washed, ready to go round to Brian's next week.

While we were at it - I unpacked my engine crane [ bought last year !! ] and assembled it and my engine stand - AND managed to get my spare Volvo 2.3 Turbo lump mounted ready for the Eaton Blower exercise. Looks like it's a goer package wise.

Progress - the end straight is in view ! ;D

Ramp now installed in my pal Brian's workshop - frame and parts will be going round in the next two weeks. Then it's a blitz after Christmas to get the rolling chassis as complete as possible before he's off to work on his property in the US for 3 months. :'(

While he's away I'll be working on the spare engine / frame [ in my shed ! ] making patterns for the blower mounts, manifolding etc. I'll also be working in tandem on the Weber 40DCOE motor.

A bit better than my shed eh ? ;)

Attachments

• Nov 2017 - Brian's garage 1.JPG
    Nov 2017 - Brian's garage 1.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 683
  • Brian's Garage Nov 2017 4.JPG
    Brian's Garage Nov 2017 4.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 742
  • KZ750 stripdown oct 14th 002.jpg
    KZ750 stripdown oct 14th 002.jpg
    568.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Brian's garage Nov 2017 3.JPG
    Brian's garage Nov 2017 3.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 735
canyoncarver said:
Nice space upgrade Beach!

Thanx CC

not only that, but Brian is the guy that used to be the UK agent for Russell Hosing and still has all his tools [ see the cut off saw ] and quite a few fittings.

Yes, really stoked - plus I'll have that "build buddy" to give me the kick up the ass as and when needed. He's very skilled in wood pattern making [ apprenticed with Rover ] and will prove his worth with mocking up the blower installation and the under frame fuel cell.

beachcomber said:
Thanx CC

not only that, but Brian is the guy that used to be the UK agent for Russell Hosing and still has all his tools [ see the cut off saw ] and quite a few fittings.

Yes, really stoked - plus I'll have that "build buddy" to give me the kick up the ass as and when needed. He's very skilled in wood pattern making [ apprenticed with Rover ] and will prove his worth with mocking up the blower installation and the under frame fuel cell.

Having a buddy can make a big difference. I'm moving part of my stuff into a shared workshop shortly for that reason. I need the space and a kick in the butt.

Here's the point I need the drive sprocket to rear sprocket alignment measurement. IOW - I need to know how far out from the casing the sprocket c/l is. That's just so I can roughly position the rear wheel and sprocket to get spacers made. I'll allow for shimming for true alignment once the "real" engine is in the chassis. We even have a lazer alignment tool !

Attachments

• kz oil system 007.jpg
    kz oil system 007.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 169
beachcomber said:
Here's the point I need the drive sprocket to rear sprocket alignment measurement. IOW - I need to know how far out from the casing the sprocket c/l is. That's just so I can roughly position the rear wheel and sprocket to get spacers made. I'll allow for shimming for true alignment once the "real" engine is in the chassis. We even have a lazer alignment tool !

I can get you that measurement later this evening.

Back
Top Bottom