74 and 75 CB360 tracker - Need to get some pics done of this.

Re: 74 and 75 CB360 tracker (and I use that term loosely) build. pics up!!

Could always run the fender up high! just ordered Shinko 244's 4.10X18 Front and Rear, A little tougher looking than the 705's.

Okay, Tires arrived. I like them and there is definitely enough room in the forks for them but they may be a little too aggressive. Not sure though, the look could grow on me. Shipping was free from motorcycle super store and return shipping is only $7 so I may order the 705s and compare before deciding.
200968ef.jpg

Got the fenders mocked up and the frame is mostly detabbed and shaved etc. I think I'm going to use these fenders once finished as plugs for a mold for these parts in fiberglass or possibly carbon fiber.

6a486829.jpg

These little tabs, I want to cut them out. anybody see a problem with that? It doesn't look like they're doing too much structurally.
6603d312.jpg

those tabs kinda look like gussets... i dunno if i'd cut them... maybe you could fill in below them with some plate & then cut a curve in the top to better blend with the lines of the frame.

I dig it man! The tires are pretty rad. Id keep the tabs as well. Maybe drill a small hole in the center to give them a little visual flair?

you know, I had this conversation with Tom last night and I was in favor of keeping them. Honda put them there for a reason even if its just over kill. The "speed" hole is a good idea though mike. Plus the fact that the idea of cutting them yanked Lockard's senses so hard he stopped lurking and finally posted! :)

A little more progress today. I got the hubs apart, the forks apart and the rims stripped of spokes so that stuff is ready for powder. No pics of that pile.

One thing. these retainers on the hubs that are punched to lock them in place.
0eac78a6.jpg

I don't have the tool for these. any body have a good home made version? The replacements on these things are expensive.

Ordering Hagon shocks as soon as Dave Quinn's shop opens after the holidays. as far as front springs go can't seem to find anything that is made for the 360. anyone know what will work?

Looks great man! Im jealous ;D

+2, and the tires are rad as hell.

Shouldnt fork springs from a 350 work just fine?

Yeah I would think so. I found that Hagon makes fork springs for the 360. The one guy in the U.S. that sells them is closed through the holidays so I'm waiting to learn more.

The crunchy tires are growing on me. I did order 705's to see the difference.

lookin' great diesel! I ordered hagon's for my project and Dave is a super nice guy to deal with, hopefully they'll be shipped from England in the next few weeks.
Kev

Takes that long to get them, huh? Shit birds!

I decided that I was being a fool using the banged up frame instead of the perfectly good one I have just because I spent a few hours working on it before I realized it was damaged. So, I'm starting the frame work over. Only took about 4 hours to get it to this point so its worth it to go back. I'll still use this frame for a cheaper build down the line.

sorry Von.

All good my man. Ill find somethin...

Okay, got the second frame de-tabbed and smoothed out. need to cut and weld the rear hoop on to be caught up. I'm practicing the welding a bit to try to get something that looks decent. I want to powder the frame and I don't think you can powder over filler, correct?

I think those Shinkos look pretty good! The lock rings on the hubs are pain in the butt... last time I took one apart I used a hammer and punch to tap it around. You have to drill out where it was punched to lock it into the wheel first or else you'll screw up the threads when you try and spin it out. - Stout

Weren't we just talking about those tires in your thread? ;D I got the first retainer out the same way you did. I'll do the second one the same way and then just replace them I guess.

Builds on hold for a few days while I nurse the pooch back to health. got into the trash ate about 2 cups of bacon grease (and who knows what else) and gave herself pancriatitis. :eek: Very unhappy dog yesterday and last night. 4 days of I.V. fluids for 4 hours a day and a very limited diet for a couple of weeks and she should pull through. Yikes! 11 years, she's like a kid to me.

94e17fcc.jpg

Oh, why did I come on her to post? Oh, Yeah, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!

Okay, researching exhaust here. Found some cool stuff thanks to stiks links. I'm looking for some discussion here. my thought is 2-1 with a 2" outlet into the muffler. sound reasonable or should it be more restricted? also as far as mandrel bends are concerned am I looking for 2.25" radius or 4.5"? I don't have the bike in front of me for measurements at the moment.

looking at this kit http://www.mandrel-bends.com/catalog/builder-kits-33/ultimate-builder-kit-111/1-50-od-4-50-radius-16-gauge-mild-steel-ultimate-bk-895.html

give me 3 or for exhausts out of it.

check these bad boys out from Cone engineering!

http://www.coneeng.com/pdf/Motorcycle%20Webpage%2011_1_10.pdf

Hey diesel, my dog just ate a box of after eights, a toblerone bar and a box of cherry chocolates we forgot under the tree. Wrappers and all. If she didn't barf all of it up for the whole night then poop the wrappers this morning I would be in the same boat. Hope yours pulls through. I hate loosing a dog even from old age.

Back
Top Bottom