Honda CB125 Twin tracker

P_e_a_R

Hi guys,

I've been reading that forum by the time. I'm from Portugal and I hope to get here some advices and inspirations for my new project.

The goal is to cheaply turn a ugly 90's CB 125 twin on a cool tracker/city tracker.

That's the bike:
DSC05022.jpg

DSC05023.jpg

And my inspirations are these:
200-3.jpg

yamaha_streetracker_rd250_02.jpg

RYLAND_78XS750_Ejpgscaled1000.jpg

Picture5.png

Ewing_1035_FIN.jpg

crd.jpg

blog21.jpg

BMW_Honda_tank_profil.jpg

I've allready done some work.
New wiring with the removal of all the stuff that I wont need like flashers, horn, etc.
27032011.jpg

DSC05027.jpg

Looking at the bike I think that it need more height on the rear. So I test it:
DSC05026.jpg

DSC05025.jpg

Than I cut of the frame appendages to give a look more clean:
DSC05029.jpg

DSC05030.jpg

DSC05031.jpg

I've allready test the final subframe seccion with a bit of copper tube. That will bem obviously done with steel.
DSC05032.jpg

DSC05034.jpg

Then, I took the motor of to clean:
DSC05035.jpg

DSC05036.jpg

DSC05037.jpg

DSC05038.jpg

DSC05039.jpg

DSC05041.jpg

And lighten the sprocket cover:
DSC05046.jpg

DSC05047.jpg

So I hope to get some ideas for the new tank, colour scheme, handlebars, etc, so put your brain on and give me some advices or pics of cool bikes! 8)

Stay with that artistic one:
DSC05043.jpg

(sorry for my english)

Cheers

Should be interesting. I like how you found the xs750 trackers from Classified. That is such a cool bike.

Thanks for the comments.

Yesterday I've tried the finish of the engine covers. The effect I want is "raw aluminium" just like that cool Hajardbroxx CB:
35420_143426089005344_115078248506795_438529_3987223_n.jpg

That's the result on the sprocket cover. I will repeat that on the other covers.
DSC05049.jpg

Let me see what you think!

cheers

I really like the raw finish you're giving it! It cleans it up a lot, but doesn't make it too flashy.

That's exactly the purpose mate: Don't make it to flashy!

Today I've done the same to the electric system motor cover and replace the old screws by new stainless steel ones.

DSC05053.jpg

DSC05055.jpg

DSC05056.jpg

That's the result:
DSC05057.jpg

DSC05058.jpg

The light wan't good to take pics so stay with this ones. I will take some at sunligh at new opurtunity:
DSC05059.jpg

DSC05060.jpg

I'll appreciate comments!
Cheers

lovely engine!
I strengthened up the rear cross brace with by welding the plates to form more of a box.

P1030184.jpg

Hi mate,

Do you think it is really necessary to reinforce the sub-frame? I'm a very bad welder, so I want to run away of any structural need of weld!

Cheers

P_e_a_R said:
Hi mate,

Do you think it is really necessary to reinforce the sub-frame? I'm a very bad welder, so I want to run away of any structural need of weld!

Cheers

Hey.

I braced mine because I could get it done, and I wanted to know I'd eliminated any 'in built flex' designed in to cope with carrying an entire extended family from the Asian sub-continent along with luggage, a goat, and a selection of poultry.

I shall mostly just be transporting myself and maybe a loaf of bread and a pint of milk back from the shops. I want to feel the rear shocks working rather that some kind of mush going on.

Thats a really neat tank. I'm jealous. How long is it?

Hi mates,

The purpose of that bike is to be a transport to the beach in the summer 8) Not to carry a lot of luggage! So I think that reinforcement isn't necessary on that bike! ;D

Today I've bought the new footpegs:

DSC05086.jpg

I will make a bracket to hold the footpegs that will go back the driving position by ~15cm

I carry also to home a tank to take some dimensions. I don't know the dimensions of the previous tank!
That new has ~53cm long and I need to find one with about 40cm, and also lower on the back.

DSC05084.jpg

DSC05083.jpg

Comments please ;D

Looks good, I don't think you will need any more bracing than that rear frame loop you are going to replace the copper tubing with. You should have that welded on though and not just bolted on there. Moped tank and sanded finish on the engine covers looks great!

Here are some pics with the Macal tank and with the rear wheel to have the real perception of the proportions of the bike:

DSC05088.jpg

DSC05089.jpg

DSC05092.jpg

I also take some shots on the bike to see the effect of back 15cm the footpegs by the original position.

Original position:
DSC05093.jpg

The position I want:
DSC05091.jpg

And hypothetically with rear sets:
DSC05094.jpg

Give me sugestions. Do you think that tank fits a tracker? I think that is more for a cafe racer than a tracker so I'm looking for a smaller one, but what do you think?
Take in mind the inspirations i've posted initially!

Cheers

Hi mate,

I don't want to cafe it for 1 simple reason:

With the bucket of a cafe racer I can carry only 1 person on the bike and I don't want to discard the hypothesis of carry 2 persons. That its only possible with the seat like that in the "paintshop" :-\

The style I want to follow is that of the 2 bikes on the right made by the spanish cafedreams. What should I call it? Cafe? Tracker? Wrenchmonkees style (lol)?
la_latina.jpg

I believe the current pop culture name is leaning towards "Bratstyle," so named for the Japanese shop Bratstyle that popularized the look.

Well, I don't agree very much with you because whem I read bratstyle I immediatly associate to chops like that:

bratstyle_2edited.jpg

tumblr_lhheq4ob5r1qfs7l5o1_500.png

I think bratstyle is very all-embracing therm! I think that, in fact, the Wrenchmonkees where the forerunner of that style - correct me if i'm wrong, please! And if so, I whould prefer to call ir WM style! 8)

Anyway, here a "paintchop" of the moto with the height I want on the rear:
DSC05098.jpg

Today I finally made the footpegs and shortened the shift pedal. I will post pics when I've the opportunity!

Cheers

Then we agree to disagree. I love Wrenchmonkees, Deus, etc, but in my opinion people are calling this look brat style. It has a ring to it, it fits, and it has gone somewhat viral, regardless of who is influencing whom. Like it or not it is what it is.

I don't mind if you call your bike pear style. ;D

Back
Top Bottom