Honda CB125 Twin tracker

crush1776 said:
I don't mind if you call your bike pear style. ;D
I don't have no skills to call whatever I do a "style" ;D

I understand your opinion and I think you are right at some points. And I'm sure you understand my point of view too! 8)

Some advances. The footpegs are ready.
Left side:
DSC05107.jpg

DSC05105.jpg

Righ side:
DSC05109.jpg

And collected so I can kick start:
DSC05111.jpg

To finish, the shift pedal shortened ~10cm:
DSC05113.jpg

Let me see what you think!

Cheers. 8)

Hi,

Some updates:

Front fender was cut,
Levers and gas pipe comming
Cut and drill the brake pedal due to the increased height I want
Paint some partes like rear axle tensors, etc

Wen I look to the bike I thought the proportions were not ideal. I've been searching in the internet and I found that in the bikes I like the seat end's exactly on the lenght of the rear wheel axle. So I cut the "pseudo-seat" by ~6cm and that was the result:

DSC05122.jpg

DSC05121.jpg

DSC05120.jpg

DSC05116.jpg

I think it has improved. What do you think?

For the headlight, what whould you choose? This:

1301514737_182556863_2-Farol-Motorizada-classica-Vila-Nova-de-Gaia.jpg

1301514737_182556863_1-Fotos-de--Farol-Motorizada-classica.jpg

or this:
1300359307_178246035_1-Fotos-de--Vendo-farol-redondo-nevoeiro-anos-80s.jpg

Cheers

I also think that the tank is not the ideal. I whould like to find one that were lower near the seat ???

What do you think? That Macal tank is good?

Nice work, Pear. I really like the Macal tank, and the second headlight...just my two cents. And as for what to call it, a cafe bike doesn't need to have the solo seat-there are plenty of pictures from 60s England of bikes with two-up seats and all the other marks of a cafe racer. So call it whatever you want!

I know you want to have a passenger but it looks a little difficult with the way you have it set up so far... just my 2 cents

Hi mates,

Thank your all for the opinion. It's very important to have feedback of more experimentated persons at this stage!

Peter.walker:
Glad you like. I will try to find a similar tank but lower near the seat. If i don't find one, that macal tank will be the choice! About the headlight I really like the second one too. I asked you because it could be an idea that could not fit in the concept of that style of motorcycles. Remember i'm a novice!

About the name, that's a question for debate ;D I think broadly it will be a cafe racer with some tracker aspects.. But what matter is to get a nice bike! 8)

thenewblack:
I'm a 160cm boy and I do not intend to transport a giant behind me ;D The passenger whould be very occasional situation, but I dont want to dispense it!

stik70:
Glad you like. I hope not to disappoint you :D

Cheers

Guys I need some help.

What about the colours of the tank?

I've thought in some Honda red base with the knee zone in metalic silver. Like this:
_2.jpg

But that's dis not convince me ::) Give me sugestions please! Vintage colours?

Cheers

That looks good, but too much like an old Husky IMHO. you could reverse the colors - ie move the silver/white forwards and have it sweep back like a CB1100R or something like my old CB900

http://pinkpossum.com/cb900/cb900a.jpg

White on red or red on white - both work

Hi mates,

I don't have more real updates.

I'm waiting for the availability of a Mr. to move me to an old friend who has a multitude of old material for bikes.
I'm expecting to find there a tank that serve better what I want.

Also look for a set of levers / brackets and throttle. I say trying to find something more vintage? I've thought something like the old AJS/Matchless
466755213_tp.jpg

466755196_tp.jpg

And for the grips, something like that:
Vintage-Grips.jpg

However finally got the courage to draw the ink out of the clutch side cover. It was like this:
DSC05167.jpg

And that's the result:
DSC05168.jpg

]
DSC05169.jpg

DSC05170.jpg

DSC05172.jpg

DSC05173.jpg

I like the raw look! 8)

Cheers

That side cover looks great-I agree, the raw metal look is great. Good choice for the grips too-you don't see white handgrips around much, it's a cool touch.

Today I've tried a MX bike handlebar and lowered the forks by ~2cm. I've also make a preview of the original tank with black bottom just like the bikes of CRD:

A8I0028seleccionbis.jpeg

fernan.jpg

And thats the result:

DSC05200.jpg

But I think that tank make the little motor even smaller:

DSC05202.jpg

So I've tried again with the Macal tank:

DSC05206.jpg

DSC05211.jpg

I've been searching with no results for a tank like this:

72449443_2-confersil-vilar-casal-tampas-macal-sport-deposito-Cruz.jpg

1304628131_195670735_1-Fotos-de--Macal-trial-para-restaurar.jpg

They equiped Portuguese nacional vintage motocross/enduro motorcyces by the 70/80 decade.
They are smaller and with a cool ofroad design, but it's very hard to find them!

So If I can't get one of these soon, I will continue the project with the Macal tank. Do you think I'm well served?

Cheers

really nice job until now!
curious about the outcome, hope you get it soon..

i am considering to get a cb125J or T and mod it.
one question: how did you lower the fork?

keep on!

Hi,

erwin, the forks were "lowered" just by getting the triple T's down. If you look carefully to the pics you will notice that!

Now some updates. Finally I get a tank that's perfect IMHO. It's in bad shape, but I think I'll solve that:
DSC05219-1.jpg

DSC05216.jpg

It's from a Portuguese national motorcycle "Macal cross" from the 70's.

DSC05223.jpg

The tank dont fit perfectly the frame of the CB and stays leaning forward:
DSC05227.jpg

So I need to fix that leaning upward like that:
DSC05228.jpg

or that:
DSC05229.jpg

What do you think? Sounds good that tank? And what about the inclination?

DSC05235.jpg

Cheers!

Nice tank, Pear! The faded green looks cool-the rust looks nasty, but that's fixable: put some gas (maybe half a gallon or less) and a handful of smallish hex nuts in there, put the cap on, and shake it around like a maraca for a while. It's a quick-and-dirty fix, but should clean it out well enough to keep from clogging your fuel filter later.

Thanks for the comments. The tank still rusty! I think it will go for chemical stripping. Any advert?

Some advances:
DSC05288.jpg

DSC05287.jpg

DSC05286.jpg

DSC05285.jpg

DSC05283.jpg

DSC05282.jpg

DSC05281.jpg

DSC05261.jpg

DSC05276.jpg

The rear tyre was only for testing. I think i will get a trial tire like that:
images

What do you think?

Cheers

Cheers!

Erskine said:
How do you plan to raise the rear end? New mounting position or longer shocks?

Hi mate,

Longer shocks! National portuguese motorcycles have rear shocks that fits perfectly for that height!

golfmuch,
That's exacty that rear style I want. If i can't get one used at good price, I will pick up some Enduro 18'' tires!

Hope you like!

cheers

Back
Top Bottom